Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    [size=12pt]Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis[/size]
    By BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune
    Last update: April 21, 2009 - 10:48 AM

    http://www.startribune.com/local/43342277.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUac8HEaDiaMDCinchO7DU

  2. #2
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    A winning football team has that effect...
    But are suicides up instead?
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #3
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    Well good keep droppin

    I plan on livng there one day

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    You'd think with a weakened economy, higher stress levels, and lower incomes that we would actually be seeing increases in crime...interesting.

    Maybe the crooks can't afford to buy guns now days.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    You'd think with a weakened economy, higher stress levels, and lower incomes that we would actually be seeing increases in crime...interesting.

    Maybe the crooks can't afford to buy guns now days.
    Nope, the guns are still there to be had.
    Getting ammo for them is getting to be tough.
    I know I hit the store at least once a month (for the last 3 or 4 months) and snatch up all the 45 cal, 12 gauge, 22 mag and .270 shells I can afford.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    You'd think with a weakened economy, higher stress levels, and lower incomes that we would actually be seeing increases in crime...interesting.

    Maybe the crooks can't afford to buy guns now days.
    Nope, the guns are still there to be had.
    Getting ammo for them is getting to be tough.
    I know I hit the store at least once a month (for the last 3 or 4 months) and snatch up all the 45 cal, 12 gauge, 22 mag and .270 shells I can afford.

    I was planning on buying a DPMS .223 AR15 but ended up with a .68 A5 instead.
    Ammo is much easier to come by and the firearm was much cheaper.

  7. #7
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    Violent crime has been on the decline for the past 15 years nationwide.

    And with the surge in gun/ammo purchases because of the "impending doom" that gun owners and potential owners see coming it's harder for the scumbags to pick their targets.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    "Mr" wrote:
    Violent crime has been on the decline for the past 15 years nationwide.

    And with the surge in gun/ammo purchases because of the "impending doom" that gun owners and potential owners see coming it's harder for the scumbags to pick their targets.
    Why do you feel that the surge in gun/ammo purchases is making it harder for the scumbags to pick their targets?
    I'm not sure what your trying to say.

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Violent crime has been on the decline for the past 15 years nationwide.

    And with the surge in gun/ammo purchases because of the "impending doom" that gun owners and potential owners see coming it's harder for the scumbags to pick their targets.
    Why do you feel that the surge in gun/ammo purchases is making it harder for the scumbags to pick their targets?
    I'm not sure what your trying to say.
    No one wants to break into a house of a guy that owns a Desert Eagle.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Violent crime down dramatically in Minneapolis

    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Violent crime has been on the decline for the past 15 years nationwide.

    And with the surge in gun/ammo purchases because of the "impending doom" that gun owners and potential owners see coming it's harder for the scumbags to pick their targets.
    Why do you feel that the surge in gun/ammo purchases is making it harder for the scumbags to pick their targets?
    I'm not sure what your trying to say.
    No one wants to break into a house of a guy that owns a Desert Eagle.

    "Guns don't kill people, Death kills people"
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Allen -- Violent Threat in Bar Fight
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 02:09 PM
  3. Violent Defense, a Video of my team!
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 03:38 AM
  4. CCTV Footage Shows Woman's Violent Arrest
    By PurplePackerEater in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
  5. Why Aren't American Sports Fans More Violent?
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 06:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •