Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikings next QB, could he be an Iraqie?...

yah not a funny joke when you say hes the next vikings qb.. the joke was already made by Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon that this guy is going to be signed by the Yankees and if hes a left hander he would get an 8 year contract, the Red Sox bid on him but didnt bid as much, that one was funny,

SharperImage42

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Why would anyone sign him if he missed?
    It was hilarious though, if only he was a better aim (or if Bush hadn't ducked.
    Perhaps he's used to that kind of thing.)

I was wondering what the secret service were doing as well.
    It would be awesome to see some giant guy in a black suit diving in front of the president to block a shoe.

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree it was very disrespectful , if it would have been an Iraqi ambassador here , and someone did some nonsence like this , he would be thrown under the bus , but it's funny for some reason , if the guy would have been pulling out a gun , Bush would have been dead twice by the time the Secret Service got there.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Check out the story and video , on the Iraqie who throws both his shoes at Pres. Bush.....Two nice spirrals in a row.
    I say sign him up.....LMAO

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081215/wl_afp/iraqusbushmedia_081215104725
    What I thought ws weird about the Video is where in the Hell is teh Secret Service? Seems like a pretty slow delay by them that he got his second shoe off and thew it and then there was still a delay before they got there.
    As far as I know that was a press only event held in what appears to be a very small room.

Secret service probably extensively searched everyone at the door, and remained at that post. Prior to arrival I bet everyone of the media personnel was background checked and put on a guest list.

As far as the man who runs to Bush's side goes, he didn't even look like a Secret Service agent. In the video you'll see several men run out of a door behind the stage area, who were security.

In that secure of a setting, and the fact that this media event did take place in Iraq, they were probably more concerned about what could be coming from the outside and not so much the reporters within.

the next peyton manning!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I love Bushs reaction. The man is funny.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Ha. I saw it on another forum, and then on tv. too funny.
    Why is throwing a shoe at the president of the United States funny? That is disrespecting the PRESIDENT! I don't give a flying fuck if you agree with him or not, you respect him and you don't act like this subhuman did. This is far from funny, but the media is so biased that they even make it sound humorous, if it would have happened to Obama, the media would be asking for this guys head. This guy deserves to be punished to the highest extent of the law, you don't disrespect a president and get away with it. I wish i could have been there to beat the living shit out of this thing.
    It's funny in the sense of, wtf? It's so bizarre. Not sure what the guys punishment should be, I don't think it was an assassination attempt, I'd say more like civil disobedience.
    2 great posts.
    Punishment, hmm..
    I think a serious ass beating would be fitting, but probably not in the best interest of the US government.
    You don't fuck with heads of state...
    Lock him up.
    Maybe six months in the clink?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

The guy is looking at 2 years of prison
    ;D
    I also think it's stupid but i do think it's funny. Not that he threw it but Bush looking like a dodgeball star and his funny reaction at the end were hilarious.

check out this game: http://blog.zanorg.com/index.php?perm=370
    ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

SIUviking is offline Starter

I think that the quotes from his TV station are funny that they say he needs to be immediately released and that they fear for his safety. If someone at my work did something that dumb I would laugh and hope he gets what is coming to him.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I must admit, after seeing the look on the president's face I started laughing out loud.
    What the guy did, is not funny.
    The President's reaction however, was.
    LMFAO.
    He was kind of smiling after he dodged the first one...impressed with his own abilities I think (rightfully so).

;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast