Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Viking's New Coach

"worshipabba2003" wrote:
    GO ultra way to coach the little kids. just dont go michael jackson on me now. glad u won it is always good to win

Look Turdboy,
    Dont come in here and act like you are some kind of frickin comedian. :evil: Dont I hear Donny calling you for his weekly purging? :roll:

Ultra,
    Straighten out that commish. Tell him there is no way that you will coach anything but Vikings teams from here on out. :grin:
    Ha Ha! Beat those Browns teams!!!

Schleppy is offline Starter

Awesome UV, I will be coaching my kids minor league team this year, moved up to HC. Any advice or videos from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I am no baseball guru, but love the game. I wish we had a youth football program. thanks in advance

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Schleppy" wrote:
    Awesome UV, I will be coaching my kids minor league team this year, moved up to HC. Any advice or videos from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I am no baseball guru, but love the game. I wish we had a youth football program. thanks in advance
    Just put yourself in the kids shoes. Instruct in a manner in which they will understand. I coached Baseball last year too, but love football the most.

My son is our go-to-guy! Athletically talented and usually scores when his hands are on the ball!

Del Rio Guest

I think coaching Youth would be a blast. You catch them right when they are ready to be molded. You can actually have a lasting impression and instill a good work ethic and an appreciation for the game.

At the HS level at least in my 2 years exp. Sometimes you get the kids that all they know about football is what they did on Madden, or they think it comes easy, and expect what they get on a platter. Of course I have a bunch of good kids too, but you can tell the kids that have been coached in little league by a good coach. And the one's that may have been lead astray for some unknown reason.

I bet College coaches can say the same about HS and Pro's about college. But you have the best job in the world. Front line impression. Awesome man!!! That would be a blast!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

my dream job is to be an nfl scout.

Del Rio Guest

"worshipabba2003" wrote:
    GO ultra way to coach the little kids. just dont go michael jackson on me now. glad u won it is always good to win

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "worshipabba2003" wrote:

[img]http//home.cogeco.ca/~beosenthusiast/head_up_ass.jpg[/img]
    LOL, I love it ^
    |
    |
    |
    |

That's awesome Ultra, you are a good guy. Way to have fun and do something meaningful at the same time, huh? I can't wait to see your little monsters and I hope they go all the way!!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

worshipabba2003 is offline Starter

what was qrong with my post?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Gotcha to read this with the catchy title.

Anyways, its true. I coach youth flag football, 7-9 year olds. We are co-sponsored by the NFL. So each season we assigned team names and jerseys from the NFL. The past 2 seasons I was the Giants and then the Raiders. Before this season, I told the commisioner that if the Vikings were going to be one of the teams, I wanted it. He wondered how he was supposed to remember to give me the Vikes. All I had to do was remind of my last name, does not get more Norwegian than that!

I have a great group of boys! We practiced all last week and played our first game today against the Browns. Beat the 20-0! I really put a lot of emphasis on Defense.

A lot of the parents of former players that I talk with have told me that each season they request me as coach. They stated that I really have a way of getting through to these kids. I really try to emphasize discipline. It shows too. These kids are just wonderful and this is the most rewarding thing I do! I will post a team pick of my "Purple People Eaters" soon!

Next fall I am going to be the Linebackers' Coach for my sons' tackle team. I can't wait!
    I dont know, I may be able to beat you in the Norwegian name contest.

Anderson, and my mom's maiden name was Christensen(which is the more norwegian of the two)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast