Schleppy is offline Starter

Vikings lose on Super Bowl Sunday again!

my sons squirt B hockey team that is. They lost the Championship game 5-4. They beat this team 3 out 4 games this year. They both are really good teams. would have been nice for the kids to get a banner and go downstate but we're proud of them none the less. Alot tears in the locker room after. We have a team that combined two small towns and its been a fun year getting to know the other kids and parents. After they made it to the semi, they all went bowling and had a fun time. we still get to go to a tournament in Detroit next month. Should be a fun time. later....

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings lose on Super Bowl Sunday again!

Sad to hear. Tell your boy that it will get better. When I was 11 playing baseball in Florida, we were 1 game away from going to the LLWS. We were all devastated, but we were back at it again real soon. I think it is especially heartbreaking to younger kids. I don't think they comprehend that they have a good shot a being in the same place in the near future. Next time they will probably win it all, then they will look at this as a learning experience.. Good Luck!

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

As parents you guys should s=do everything you can to keep that team together through the years. Trust me if you do they will have many championship years to come. I played baseball, football, and was a wrestler and basically had the same squad every year since I was like 6 years old. We came close in the early days to a title many times but when high school came I won 2 state baseball american legion titles, team placed 1st one year in wrstling and in football we made it to chapionship game twice but lost both games. They will pull together.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Hats off to the kids' team Schleppy, just tell them to keep working hard and success will follow.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Schleppy is offline Starter

Thanks guys, my son wore his runner-up medal to school today, so I think hes doing alright with it. We have a couple games against the same association, but different team to win our Cup League, that would be nice for the little guys. Plus a couple more tournaments. After hockey these guys will be rivals, because we are from two different towns who play in the same conference in high school. That will be interesting if they all play football or basketball. later