Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TripB77's Avatar
    TripB77 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Vikings inspired credit card?

    Hey guys, i'm more of a lurker here but some people might remember me, i've been around a while!

    Just found out that my bank will now let you design you own credit card, naturally I want myself a Vikings one!

    I just can't find the right picture or Vikes design to go on it, anyone want to give me a hand? It's gonna cost me €15 so trial and error could be costly!
    ;D

    https://picturecard.ulsterbank.ie/designer/ulster/designer.aspx

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    Just sign up for a Vikings credit card at the dome.

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    That is a pretty cool web app.
    I would see if one of the more artistic people on here can design one for you.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    How is that legal for them to print a Vikings card without permission?

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    How is that legal for them to print a Vikings card without permission?
    As long as you don't use a copyrighted logo (i.e. the norseman) you would be fine.
    Here are the rules regarding images you can use:

    Ulster Bank may reject images that contain or comprise of the following:



    * an image of, or the name or nickname of, a celebrity, a musician, an athlete, an entertainer, or other public figures;


    * any image or any text protected by copyright where you are not the owner of the copyright, e.g. a still from a movie or a cartoon;


    * an image of an individual unless you have the consent of that individual;


    * an image of a child unless you have the consent of a parent or guardian of the child;


    * a trade mark, a logo, a marketing slogan, a company name, a trading name, a brand name, any marketing material or an image of branded goods/services;


    * contact information, e.g. telephone numbers, addresses, website and e-mail addresses;


    * offensive material, e.g. images or descriptions of violence or cruelty or antisocial behaviour, profanities or obscenities;


    * images of nudity or semi-nudity or text about sexual behaviour or orientation;


    * an image of or text about tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or any form of betting/gambling;


    * an image of or text about weapons, or any terrorist or illegal groups;


    * an image of or text about a financial product or service;


    * a reference to a political group or party, a trade union or a charity; or


    * any other image that Ulster Bank decides is unsuitable for use on your card.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    How is that legal for them to print a Vikings card without permission?
    As long as you don't use a copyrighted logo (i.e. the norseman) you would be fine.
    Here are the rules regarding images you can use:

    Ulster Bank may reject images that contain or comprise of the following:



    * an image of, or the name or nickname of, a celebrity, a musician, an athlete, an entertainer, or other public figures;


    * any image or any text protected by copyright where you are not the owner of the copyright, e.g. a still from a movie or a cartoon;


    * an image of an individual unless you have the consent of that individual;


    * an image of a child unless you have the consent of a parent or guardian of the child;


    * a trade mark, a logo, a marketing slogan, a company name, a trading name, a brand name, any marketing material or an image of branded goods/services;


    * contact information, e.g. telephone numbers, addresses, website and e-mail addresses;


    * offensive material, e.g. images or descriptions of violence or cruelty or antisocial behaviour, profanities or obscenities;


    * images of nudity or semi-nudity or text about sexual behaviour or orientation;


    * an image of or text about tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or any form of betting/gambling;


    * an image of or text about weapons, or any terrorist or illegal groups;


    * an image of or text about a financial product or service;


    * a reference to a political group or party, a trade union or a charity; or


    * any other image that Ulster Bank decides is unsuitable for use on your card.
    So it would be tough to make a Vikings card.

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Just sign up for a Vikings credit card at the dome.
    Based upon the type of currency listed and the "Irish Hog" name he has under his avatar, I'm guessing that popping by the Dome ain't all that easy for him.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    How is that legal for them to print a Vikings card without permission?
    As long as you don't use a copyrighted logo (i.e. the norseman) you would be fine.
    Here are the rules regarding images you can use:

    Ulster Bank may reject images that contain or comprise of the following:



    * an image of, or the name or nickname of, a celebrity, a musician, an athlete, an entertainer, or other public figures;


    * any image or any text protected by copyright where you are not the owner of the copyright, e.g. a still from a movie or a cartoon;


    * an image of an individual unless you have the consent of that individual;


    * an image of a child unless you have the consent of a parent or guardian of the child;


    * a trade mark, a logo, a marketing slogan, a company name, a trading name, a brand name, any marketing material or an image of branded goods/services;


    * contact information, e.g. telephone numbers, addresses, website and e-mail addresses;


    * offensive material, e.g. images or descriptions of violence or cruelty or antisocial behaviour, profanities or obscenities;


    * images of nudity or semi-nudity or text about sexual behaviour or orientation;


    * an image of or text about tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or any form of betting/gambling;


    * an image of or text about weapons, or any terrorist or illegal groups;


    * an image of or text about a financial product or service;


    * a reference to a political group or party, a trade union or a charity; or


    * any other image that Ulster Bank decides is unsuitable for use on your card.
    So it would be tough to make a Vikings card.
    I don't know about that.
    No pics of players, but you could still use the colors, probably the horn, a uni pic, etc.
    It could be done if you were creative.
    (Says the guy with no signature... )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    TripB77's Avatar
    TripB77 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Just sign up for a Vikings credit card at the dome.
    Based upon the type of currency listed and the "Irish Hog" name he has under his avatar, I'm guessing that popping by the Dome ain't all that easy for him.

    =Z=
    Hahaha yeah good call! I'm over here in little old Ireland. I did manage to make it to the dome season before last but that cost an arm and a leg and doesn't get to happen every year unfortunately.

    I never really looked into the t's+c's that much. Was going to just use the norseman myself, afterall I have it tattooed on my arm so i'm a walking breach of god knows how many laws at the minute
    ;D

  10. #10
    TripB77's Avatar
    TripB77 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Vikings inspired credit card?

    Really put this one on the long finger!

    So tempted to go with something like this:



    ;D

Similar Threads

  1. Sidney Rices name surfaces in credit card scam
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 12:04 PM
  2. Is there a 25 cent charge on your credit card bill?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
  3. Credit Card Data Stolen
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:53 AM
  4. Woman Sues Ex-Viking Cowart over credit Card
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:12 PM
  5. NEW CREDIT CARD SCAM!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •