Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are Vikings Fans Hypocritical???

I don't want him, not even a little bit, not even at all.

Honestly, I don't care if he plays the best season of his life, this is FAVRE people.
    How do you flip flop so easily from hating a guy for what 16 years, to wanting him on your team?
    It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Favre is not guaranteed to take a team to the superbowl, and like I said before, even if we were guaranteed to win the superbowl if we got him, it feels too much like selling our souls to the devil to get it.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't want him, simply because I don't believe in the "win at any cost" mentality that's so prevalent in professional sports.
    exactly. floop Favre, go TJACK!

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:
    The only thing I find hypocritical about Vikings fan is how we can talk badly about a Qb like Rex Grossman when he has done so much more than our current Qb. I hear people saying Farve throws too many INTs and it makes me laugh. How can you ridicule a Qb for throwing too many INTs when he has thrown more Tds in 1 season than our current Qb has thrown in his life time. I would welcome Farve with open arms. I have always respected the guy. He is one of my favorite Qbs of all time. I also think he is possible the best Qb to pair with our team in the league. The best throw in his arsenal is the quick slant. He is the best at it in the league. To help our run game we need a Qb that is capble of throing the quick slant. Teams will not let us beat them deep( hence the cover three deep we say last season) and they will crowd the line of scrimmage. The routes that will be open to this defenses is the quick out and quick slants. I hope TJ has been working on reading LB coverages because that will be the key to his success.
    Sounds more to me like you'd welcome him with open cheeks.
    :P

Are you seriously trying to compare a great veteran QB who has been in the league 17 years to a QB who has been in the league 2 years & then using him as a grading tool as to how well Jackson is doing?

LMAO!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Any Viking fan that wants Favre makes me SICK :-X
    He is a f'ing douche Bag
    He is the reason I hate the Packers and Packer Fans so much. I want to pull my hair out a lot of times when I get together with my Packer/ Favre worshiping family. I can already imagine all the shit Packer fans will say if Favre would be a Viking and we won a Super Bowl. It makes my stomach turn into knots. I just don't understand how a true Viking fan could even consider wanting that douche bag on their team and any Viking fan that does is a damn closet fugepacker fan. I need to go throw up now Kevoncox made me sick. I hate the Packer I hate their player and ex player. Yes that means I hate Sharper and Longwell and I was so pissed when we signed them!

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Viking_Queen" wrote:
    He is a f'ing douche Bag
    He is the reason I hate the Packers and Packer Fans so much. I want to pull my hair out a lot of times when I get together with my Packer/ Favre worshiping family. I can already imagine all the shit Packer fans will say if Favre would be a Viking and we won a Super Bowl. It makes my stomach turn into knots. I just don't understand how a true Viking fan could even consider wanting that douche bag on their team and an Viking fan that does is a damn closet fugepacker fan. I need to go throw up now Kevoncox made me sick. I hate the Packer I hate their player and ex player. Yes that means I hate Sharper and Longwell and I was so pissed when we signed them!
    I agree but then could you imagine what the packer fans would say or feel if Sports Illustrated had a picture of Favre, Peterson etc wearing purple with a trophy... He would have committed the ultimate betrayal. that would be funny BUT I don't want the Vikings to sell all just to get a 1 year QB. I would rather not win a SB.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "Viking_Queen" wrote:
    He is a f'ing douche Bag
    He is the reason I hate the Packers and Packer Fans so much. I want to pull my hair out a lot of times when I get together with my Packer/ Favre worshiping family. I can already imagine all the pooh Packer fans will say if Favre would be a Viking and we won a Super Bowl. It makes my stomach turn into knots. I just don't understand how a true Viking fan could even consider wanting that douche bag on their team and an Viking fan that does is a gol 'darnit closet fugepacker fan. I need to go throw up now Kevoncox made me sick. I hate the Packer I hate their player and ex player. Yes that means I hate Sharper and Longwell and I was so pissed when we signed them!
    I agree but then could you imagine what the packer fans would say or feel if Sports Illustrated had a picture of Favre, Peterson etc wearing purple with a trophy... He would have committed the ultimate betrayal. that would be funny BUT I don't want the Vikings to sell all just to get a 1 year QB. I would rather not win a SB.
    VQ's post is a perfect example of a person whole is so polarized towards or against a specific team that they can't see beyond that polarization.
    And that's fine...more power to ya for being a dedicated fan of the franchise...and when I was much younger, that's how I was.
    All Viking players were the best, everyone else was garbage, and the Packer players were the slimey gunk beneath the garbage.

As I got older (and hopefully wiser) I started to recognize that it was ok to hate (or strongly dislike) a franchise, but once the players took off their uniforms they were just players.

Brett Favre presents a bit of a quandry because he's been the face of the Packers for sooooo long.
    Some of our current fans have never known another Packer QB, have never hated anyone BUT Favre.
    They are - incorrectly - identifying Favre with the Packers as inseperable entities.

Favre is just a player, albeit a darn good one.
    As such, young padawans, look beyond the uniforms you must.
    Judge by performance you should.

Favre has accomplished quite a few respcetable things in his 17 year run...whatever the uniform.
    And, as a Viking fan, I have taken shots at him every single time he stumbled - on or off the field - just to grind it into a Packtards face.
    Yet I would be happy as spit to have him here.

Why?
    Because it would send the Packtards off cliffs (like the lemmings they are) and it would make MY favorite franchise better immediately.

And, at the end of the day, I'm soooo tired of battling Packtards only to be brought up short with the "How many Superbowls have you guys won?" response.
    I have no counter for that.
    Sure, WE know we're the better franchise.
    WE know we're the better fans.
    WE know that they molest sheep.
    But until we have a Superbowl trophy or 3 of our own, they have the trump card.

Favre, in all honesty, would increase the likelyhood of our winning one in the immediate future....and I'm all for that.

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I don't want him, not even a little bit, not even at all.

Honestly, I don't care if he plays the best season of his life, this is FAVRE people.
    How do you flip flop so easily from hating a guy for what 16 years, to wanting him on your team?
    It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Favre is not guaranteed to take a team to the superbowl, and like I said before, even if we were guaranteed to win the superbowl if we got him, it feels too much like selling our souls to the devil to get it.
    It is not about hating Brett Favre. I hate the Packers. Yes he played for them. He is no longer their QB. He is still one of the greatest QBs of all time. Do you hate Sharper? It is not considered flip flopping. Switching to a Packer fan would be. What makes no sense to me is that people would not be interested in picking up a guy that would help out this team immensely. The Vikings plan was to let TJ learn for a couple years anyways. Brad Johnson did not work out. Why not bring him in for at least 2 years. TJ would be more than ready by then. Sitting him down and saying look just relax for a couple years and take it in. This will not hinder his progress.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are Vikings Fans Hypocritical??? (Brett Farve is a Douche Bag)

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    How can some Vikings fans want the Queen Cheesehead after hating him for so long and making fun of him?

I'm don't understand, it makes no sense to me
    We made fun of him because he was a Packer. Brett Favre is not a "douche bag". He is a Hall of Fame QB with something still left in his tank. I think it is pretty cool that he wants to be a Viking. It says something about this team. We are headed in the right direction.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "Viking_Queen" wrote:
    He is a f'ing douche Bag
    He is the reason I hate the Packers and Packer Fans so much. I want to pull my hair out a lot of times when I get together with my Packer/ Favre worshiping family. I can already imagine all the pooh Packer fans will say if Favre would be a Viking and we won a Super Bowl. It makes my stomach turn into knots. I just don't understand how a true Viking fan could even consider wanting that douche bag on their team and an Viking fan that does is a gol 'darnit closet fugepacker fan. I need to go throw up now Kevoncox made me sick. I hate the Packer I hate their player and ex player. Yes that means I hate Sharper and Longwell and I was so pissed when we signed them!
    VQ's post is a perfect example of a person whole is so polarized towards or against a specific team that they can't see beyond that polarization.
    And that's fine...more power to ya for being a dedicated fan of the franchise...and when I was much younger, that's how I was.
    All Viking players were the best, everyone else was garbage, and the Packer players were the slimey gunk beneath the garbage.

As I got older (and hopefully wiser) I started to recognize that it was ok to hate (or strongly dislike) a franchise, but once the players took off their uniforms they were just players.

Brett Favre presents a bit of a quandry because he's been the face of the Packers for sooooo long.
    Some of our current fans have never known another Packer QB, have never hated anyone BUT Favre.
    They are - incorrectly - identifying Favre with the Packers as inseperable entities.

Favre is just a player, albeit a darn good one.
    As such, young padawans, look beyond the uniforms you must.
    Judge by performance you should.

Favre has accomplished quite a few respcetable things in his 17 year run...whatever the uniform.
    And, as a Viking fan, I have taken shots at him every single time he stumbled - on or off the field - just to grind it into a Packtards face.
    Yet I would be happy as spit to have him here.

Why?
    Because it would send the Packtards off cliffs (like the lemmings they are) and it would make MY favorite franchise better immediately.

And, at the end of the day, I'm soooo tired of battling Packtards only to be brought up short with the "How many Superbowls have you guys won?" response.
    I have no counter for that.
    Sure, WE know we're the better franchise.
    WE know we're the better fans.
    WE know that they molest sheep.
    But until we have a Superbowl trophy or 3 of our own, they have the trump card.

Favre, in all honesty, would increase the likelyhood of our winning one in the immediate future....and I'm all for that.

Caine
    I see where you are coming from Caine, players are PROFESSIONAL sportsmen they try to do the job to the best of their ability regardless of what jersey they are wearing, that's what separates them from the fans. Let's just say somebody from this site was good enough to make the NFL draft, they then get drafted by the Packers, what do they do next, throw the toys from the pram and refuse to play? Don't get me wrong I understand what Favre has meant to Vikings fans over the years, but for me It will always be about the team, never the individual. That's why IF Favre ends up as a Vike, and I still don't think it will happen incidentally,
    I would support him 100 per cent despite what has gone on before.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are Vikings Fans Hypocritical??? (Brett Farve is a Douche Bag)

see the sig.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast