Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are Vikings Fans Hypocritical???

The only thing I find hypocritical about Vikings fan is how we can talk badly about a Qb like Rex Grossman when he has done so much more than our current Qb. I hear people saying Farve throws too many INTs and it makes me laugh. How can you ridicule a Qb for throwing too many INTs when he has thrown more Tds in 1 season than our current Qb has thrown in his life time. I would welcome Farve with open arms. I have always respected the guy. He is one of my favorite Qbs of all time. I also think he is possible the best Qb to pair with our team in the league. The best throw in his arsenal is the quick slant. He is the best at it in the league. To help our run game we need a Qb that is capble of throing the quick slant. Teams will not let us beat them deep( hence the cover three deep we say last season) and they will crowd the line of scrimmage. The routes that will be open to this defenses is the quick out and quick slants. I hope TJ has been working on reading LB coverages because that will be the key to his success.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    As I posted in another thread. It looks like this drama is over. Drew Rosenhaus and Thompson agreed on ESPN's NFL Live that Brett would come back to Packer's training camp and work to keep his starting position. So it looks like there will be no retirement party at the first game.
    :
    Isn't his agent Cook? WTH does Rosenhaus have to do with it?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    As I posted in another thread. It looks like this drama is over. Drew Rosenhaus and Thompson agreed on ESPN's NFL Live that Brett would come back to Packer's training camp and work to keep his starting position. So it looks like there will be no retirement party at the first game.
    :
    Opps - my bad!

I've been watching ESPN's website but haven't found a thing about this and it was on the air over an hour ago. I didn't catch the whole thing but the end where they made an agreement.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    :
    Opps - my bad!

I've been watching ESPN's website but haven't found a thing about this and it was on the air over an hour ago. I didn't catch the whole thing but the end where they made an agreement.
    Got it. I hope we get him!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    The only thing I find hypocritical about Vikings fan is how we can talk badly about a Qb like Rex Grossman when he has done so much more than our current Qb. I hear people saying Farve throws too many INTs and it makes me laugh. How can you ridicule a Qb for throwing too many INTs when he has thrown more Tds in 1 season than our current Qb has thrown in his life time. I would welcome Farve with open arms. I have always respected the guy. He is one of my favorite Qbs of all time. I also think he is possible the best Qb to pair with our team in the league. The best throw in his arsenal is the quick slant. He is the best at it in the league. To help our run game we need a Qb that is capble of throing the quick slant. Teams will not let us beat them deep( hence the cover three deep we say last season) and they will crowd the line of scrimmage. The routes that will be open to this defenses is the quick out and quick slants. I hope TJ has been working on reading LB coverages because that will be the key to his success.
    Wow. That's almost a coming out of the closet post! LOL!

Truth be told my friend. He would look good in purple.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Wow. That's almost a coming out of the closet post! LOL!

Truth be told my friend. He would look good in purple.
    Won't you join me in coming out?
    :-[

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Ah... I've felt this thread lurking for weeks, and now it's finally here.

I don't want him, want nothing to do with him... but would support him if he came here.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    How can you ridicule a Qb for throwing too many INTs when he has thrown more Tds in 1 season than our current Qb has thrown in his life time.
    I think you mean "Pro-Career"... and not lifetime... unless you can back that up with his High School and College stats also... compared to Favre's TDs last season. (also, lifetime is one word)

I mean, you said it... not me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Well, we had Jim McMahon from da bears. And Randall Cunningham from the eagles.
    If the pack doesn't want this guy,what did you say his name was?, we could probably take him.

Not to mention Warren Moon, Archie Manning and the Canadian import Joe Kapp.

Hell, that kind of shit is in the DNA of the franchise.

We WILL see McNabb in purple before it is all said and done

"C" wrote:

I don't want him, want nothing to do with him... but would support him if he came here.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    How can you ridicule a Qb for throwing too many INTs when he has thrown more Tds in 1 season than our current Qb has thrown in his life time.
    I think you mean "Pro-Career"... and not lifetime... unless you can back that up with his High School and College stats also... compared to Favre's TDs last season. (also, lifetime is one word)

You are correct, I meant pro career. Michelle tell this gentleman what he's won!!!!
    Seriously, you should atleast comment on the thread. You have a man crush on me don't you?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

You are correct, I meant pro career. Michelle tell this gentleman what he's won!!!!
    Seriously, you should atleast comment on the thread. You have a man crush on me don't you?
    I did comment... I said....

"C" wrote:
    I mean, we're not talking about just "Some Player..." This is Brett Favre, our sworn enemy since '92. Aside from that fact, his age could be a severe hindrance on his play. There is NO indication that his performance last year wasn't boosted by the young team surrounding him. If I recall correctly, Favre has had plenty of bad seasons in this decade alone, and to simply think because he put a decent one out there that he'll do the same here.... that's sillly.

I'd rather allow TJ to learn and grow in our system and with our team. I like how he can make plays with his feet, not only his arm.... which Favre cannot. Actually, if you add TJack's rushing TD total in with his Passing total, his stats look a lot better (not to mention a more accurate picture of what's going on).

So, you can be as fickle as you want. Take Favre... Hell, I even said I'd support him if he came here.

But me? I'm a Vikings fan... I'm hoping that day never comes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast