Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: vikings do us proud again..............

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "DesertPurple" wrote:
    What if YOUR petite little 18 year old daughter were confronted with a bunch of drunk, horny, out-of-control, HUGE football players a mile from shore...soliciting her for sex...verbally abusing her etc. etc.??? Would she then be a goldigger if she sought redress? Goldiggers are always with us but this is pretty cut and dried if the information is true. This could be the Vikings blackest hour and I am convinced that team culture eminates from the TOP...coaching in this case!!

"Oh you can bet a lot will come of this. You have a bunch of rich football players on a boat with some women servants who were offended by what transpired. It mentioned that some of them were in fear because of the rowdiness of some of the boys. I hear the word GOLD DIGGER echoing in my head & you can bet there will be players get sued by these women servants in a get rich quick scheme!"
    I wouldn't want anyone to be put in the position that you said about the 18 yr old. No one should have to be put through that even if the are a fat big overweight male. The players involved should have some punishment, in a way they did, the party was cut short. If it is more than that so be it if it is just action for their actions.

But, in that situation, I would hope that the boat company (employer) would do exactly what they did turn the Boat around and kick them out. Apparently they didn't say no we are not leaving, or maybe they did, WE DON'T KNOW.

The employer was probably trying to protect themselves also. They don't want ot get sued by an employee for being put under duress.

[/i]Sounds like the boat owners did the right thing and deserve a lot of credit....depending on how the information shakes out since it is just preliminary.
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

Del Rio Guest

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "DomCasual" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "DomCasual" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Rio
    Smoot is quickly prooving to be more talk then action. I am glad I never invested much in the hype surrounding the guy.
    Del Rio, where in Utah are you? We are just south of Salt Lake City.
    I live about 15 minutes north of Salt Lake City. In Clearfield which is between Salt Lake and Ogden, if you are new to the area. If you aren't you already knew that! :grin:
    We're in Draper. There seem to be a lot of Viking fans here. I grew up in Denver, and am a crazy Broncos fan. The fact that there are Broncos fans here makes sense, with Denver being relatively close (and on TV every week). But I have always been perplexed about all the Vikings fans. I end up pulling for them every week (unless they play the Broncos) because of the friends/family I have that I know will be depressed if they lose.
    Yeah there are a lot of Bronco fans. I haven't noticed too many Viking fans. It seems to be a mix between the Broncos and the Raiders make up the majority. I actually like watching the Broncos play. They play the kind of football I love.

Don't go jumping ships on us Del. :wink:

:grin:
    Naw I would never do that. Why would I jump off the Viking ship? That's where all the action is. :grin:

The Broncos display the traits I think are essential for good football. If they had a good QB I would pick them to go all the way every year. They just get it done on the line, they play physical, they have an advantage at home, they run the ball well no matter who is the RB...... good stuff.

I like the Vikes though always have always will. Despite pot smoking, boat parties, losing, and always making me think they can pull it off then ripping my insides out and stomping on them. Keeps me excited.

Every weekend I am excited for the game. Am I going to have my intestines pulled out my navel and chewed on by rabid chinchillas? Or am I going to have a Vikegasm? You never know............

Re: Minnetonka is for Lovers!

"DomCasual" wrote:
    Sorry guys. Didn't mean to offend anyone, but I thought you might all get a laugh out of this.
    Should have copyrighted it.....cuz I just sent it up the line!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Could someone please post a link where they say that the crew was being solicited for sex? This forum is the only place where I have read that. There are plenty of reasons to believe that the players involved were being stupid. We don't need to make up any more.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    Could someone please post a link where they say that the crew was being solicited for sex? This forum is the only place where I have read that. There are plenty of reasons to believe that the players involved were being stupid. We don't need to make up any more.
    I don't know if it was printed, I think people may have got it from the speculatioin and the radio shows??

I would like to see a link too, if it has been reported.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

It is being reported in the star tribune. All you have to do is log on to startribune.com and there are tons of story's and Tice's press conference etc. regarding this incident.

Could someone please post a link where they say that the crew was being solicited for sex?

Check the Newspaper of God...I mean the Star-Tribune....lead Viklings article. Also ESPN and MSNBC.

Del Rio Guest

Here's what ESPN has to say about it

"Doyle said the outing ended early and the boats returned to shore when staff members complained to the captains that some of the people on board were engaging in sexual acts and taking off their clothes."

No mention of staff being approached for sex or anything like that. Keep in mind this golden information is being given by the Lawyer of the boat place. Doyle.

I'm checking the other suggested sites now.

MSNBC has it:
    Law enforcement officials told the Star-Tribune the party became so out of control that crew members on the two yachts were offered money for sex and feared for their safety.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9665387/

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

In my mind this quote tells it all...
    Still, the Vikings have done us a favor by reminding us that, despite owner Zygi Wilf's self-serving blather about the importance of preserving the team for the children of Minnesota, today's pro football scene is a pit of selfishness and stupidity. Pro football does not deserve to be preserved for the sake of our children. Our children deserve to be protected from pro football.
    I am ashamed of many of our Viking players. ops:
    What kind of example does this set for our youth?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Couple that with the lack of parenting, society as a whole, music, movies............we should be ashamed to be alive.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast