Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings Defense

Chargerfan is offline Waterboy

Vikings Defense

Hey guys, even though it says charger fan, i am a vikes fan too because they're my home town. but i got a question for you guys. Will the vikings defense suck AGAIN this year. It seems like every year we a good offense, then our defense makes every offense in the league look like the best. So are they gonna suck again?
    Yip

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Defense

What cave have you been hiding in??? With all the veteran personnel that the Vikings have signed this offseason plus the rapidly improving young players on defense, we won't have enough spots to put all of our defensive talent on the field at the same time. We will not only be solid on defense, we will have better depth than most other NFL teams...in short, our Defense is gonna kick A$$!!! 'Nuff said.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

were u born yesterday??? look who they have picked up

MNVikingGangsta Guest

"Chargerfan" wrote:
    Hey guys, even though it says charger fan, i am a vikes fan too because they're my home town. but i got a question for you guys. Will the vikings defense suck AGAIN this year. It seems like every year we a good offense, then our defense makes every offense in the league look like the best. So are they gonna suck again?
    WOW that was the worst first post ever!!

jellovike is offline Starter

Wow.
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!

geeeze give the guy a break... welcome to the forum chargerfan... and, yes are defense will be much improved from last year... we have signed alot of free agents and are getting some veteran leadership as well... we should have a good if not great defensive squad next year... and the draft isn't even over.. GO VIKES

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Not to be pessimistic, but he does kinda have a point. Last year on here we all thought we were going to be awesome on defense before the season. We had picked up Teddy as a D.C. and Winfield, Henderson was supposed to be great, along with Udeze and D.T. from the draft. Everyone here (including me) thought we were going to be top half of the league. Yes I think we will be better but that is no different than every year during the off-season. It just seem like every year we make moves to better ourselves and every year it seems that it doesn’t do squat. I can remember a year or two ago reading an article on ESPN talking about slogans for teams and the Vikings was “Proud to have some Defensive players good enough to play on Saturday.� Now I think we have made great strides toward respectability, but I’m not sure if we are there yet. It will take a while for the players to jell and get use to each other. I hope I’m DEAD wrong and we are AWESOME on D but I’m not going to hold my breath.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

bmbollig is offline Training Camp

you know what he means
    every year the vikings sign someone and they still seem to suck up the leage on defence like now with Darren Sharper tipicle vikings sign "hey look here is a guy that is old lets sign him" Unstead of giving the Jagures are 18th pick which we will draft a DE with. To get Donovin Darrius
    Michael Bennet ROCKS!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    Not to be pessimistic, but he does kinda have a point. Last year on here we all thought we were going to be awesome on defense before the season. We had picked up Teddy as a D.C. and Winfield, Henderson was supposed to be great, along with Udeze and D.T. from the draft. Everyone here (including me) thought we were going to be top half of the league. Yes I think we will be better but that is no different than every year during the off-season. It just seem like every year we make moves to better ourselves and every year it seems that it doesn’t do squat. I can remember a year or two ago reading an article on ESPN talking about slogans for teams and the Vikings was “Proud to have some Defensive players good enough to play on Saturday.� Now I think we have made great strides toward respectability, but I’m not sure if we are there yet. It will take a while for the players to jell and get use to each other. I hope I’m DEAD wrong and we are AWESOME on D but I’m not going to hold my breath.

The difference is, last year we relied on rookie's and first year starters, but this year we got some good proven vet's and that moves our young guys to backups. I think there is no way our D isn't significantly better. I think we will be at least in the middle of the pack and could be much better, if our guys jell quickly.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bmbollig" wrote:
    you know what he means
    every year the vikings sign someone and they still seem to suck up the leage on defence like now with Darren Sharper tipicle vikings sign "hey look here is a guy that is old lets sign him" Unstead of giving the Jagures are 18th pick which we will draft a DE with. To get Donovin Darrius

But we have never gotten 5 new D starters. We added vets and younger proven guys. Sharper is far from old or done. Safeties play well into their 30's in the NFL and at a high level. He just needed a change of scenery and to rededicate himself. I think cowart and pat williams have 2-3 good years left in them. Then we have added napo and smoot, who are both really good young guys.

I don't see this is a typical offseason for the vikes, trying to improve our D. We will be much better on D.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast