Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VikingNed, gets a new c**I love the word I used**k......

It's still legal in LA and also legal in VA.
    But in VA, you can't bet on it...

Also, at
    Sabong.net, you can get telecasted fights over the net and set up an account so you can bet...This all takes place in the Philippines.....I haven't tried it myself though, to much corruption in the PI'S to trust it...

I sent you a PM Prophet....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    What sucks is where I lived if your c0ck lost the match you had to buy the booze and cook it up for your friends.
    You train the bastard for months before the big match and then you have to host the party for people to eat it when you lose....not to mention all the coin you lose betting.
    So let's get this straight the winner gets to bite the losers c**k?
    ;D

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    What sucks is where I lived if your c0ck lost the match you had to buy the booze and cook it up for your friends.
    You train the bastard for months before the big match and then you have to host the party for people to eat it when you lose....not to mention all the coin you lose betting.
    ;D

I guess you could say that true scottishvike... ;D

Is cockfighting still legal in Britain?.....I know it has a very long history there....Many bloodlines and familys of Cocks came from Britain and the Isles.....One very famous line was named
    " Hackles "

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    ;D

Is cockfighting still legal in Britain?.....I know it has a very long history there....Many bloodlines and familys of Cocks came from Britain and the Isles.....One very famous line was named
    " Hackles "
    No Ned it's banned here as well, to be honest any thing involving animals is a bit of a touchy subject here, quite recently fox hunting with dogs was banned. there is also a group called the animal liberation front who have been targeting vivisectionists using threats, intimidation and violence, which I find abhorrent because these are just scientists trying to advance medicine for the benefit of humans.
    That's my opinion but it's a really divisive issue over here at the moment.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    ;D

" Hackles "
    No Ned it's banned here as well, to be honest any thing involving animals is a bit of a touchy subject here, quite recently fox hunting with dogs was banned. there is also a group called the animal liberation front who have been targeting vivisectionists using threats, intimidation and violence, which I find abhorrent because these are just scientists trying to advance medicine for the benefit of humans.
    That's my opinion but it's a really divisive issue over here at the moment.
    Maybe we should be careful this don't turn in to Del's old Vegetarian vs. Hunting thread.

More seriously animal cruelty really is a subject that can get some people on their feet.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Gee I read the title of this thread with the little ***
    and thought that Ned had gotten himself a new woman.
    ;D

WWBGD

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

im glad I dont live next door to you Ned..Id have to break out my double barrel browning on those c0cks..lol, then I'd have you over for a bbq ! lol

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

nice, i didnt know u were into that at all ned, if u ever get pissed at them and.. bring out the cleaver, invite me over =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

So is there a certain way you have to raise these roosters to fight? Do they fight to the death or how do they choose who the winner is?

"cc21" wrote:
    So is there a certain way you have to raise these roosters to fight? Do they fight to the death or how do they choose who the winner is?
    CC,

It can get very complicated and yes, there is training for the birds, speical diets, and a time period that can be anywhere from 30 days to 3 months, which is called the CONDITIONING PERIOD, this is the time before you expect to enter either a derby or local pick-up fight....Yes they fight till the death, but many fights last no longer than 1 min...

It is deep in tradition in the Philippines and is probably on the same level as the NFL to the Filipinos......

Even here in the States, it has a very deep history and is still legal in I believe 2 States and 3 if you want to count VA., which says you can have a cock fight, but no moneys my be wagered..

I realize it's a controversal subject for many, but I've always said, if you don't like or believe in something, don't be involved with it...No one forces anyone to go or be involved with the sport.

At one time in history, there was some very famouse people who where die hard CoCkers.....George Washington, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin....all had and raised cOcks...

It also has a history of going back to Pre Jesus time...

I take great pride in my birds, and I put a great deal of money into their care and upbringing...

I've paid as much as $300 for a fine stud cOck...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast