Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Viking Neds Trip Report.....

Flew out to MN from Connecticut on New Years Eve mourning, all flights on time and arrived in MN when expected..

Only one small problem, I was the last knuckle Head standing at the luggage pick-up, whating for my last bag that wasn't coming :roll: .....It was lost.

After reporting this, it was off to the Motel 8 in Bloomington...

During my ride to the Motel, I noticed alot of Construction Projects in progress, dreams began swirling in my Concrete mind......Did I come across a new home for me and my family? Should I move my buisness here?.... I really got a kick out of the new "Worlds Largest Indoor Water Park" they where in progress of finishing up, this was right on the side of the highway...

Well, at the hotel, didn't take long for SingerSP and his crew to show up..

We wasted no time and got down to it,,,,,,,NO ULTRA, not the dirty thing, We headed to Mall of America, I wanted to see the Vikings Locker Room Store..

From the outside, the mall didn't look that big to me, but was I ever wrong. Once inside, I couldn't believe how really big it was.....
    Worked our way to the Locker Room and where greated by two very lovely (HOT) Vikings Cheerleaders, they didn't have to sell me hard on a signed calender, I was a easy sell the minute I layed eyes on them...
    But I sure lost all hope of having one of them visiting me at my room when, I thought it was the Katie I voted for on the MVC contest...

At first I was all pumped, explaining how my buddy tried to get me to vote for the Red Head, but I picked you cause your much more beautiful, man I thought I was in for sure with that one. :wink:
    But Viking Ned had met his match, Ole Katie had a Boot 3 times bigger than mine....And she proceeded to use it swiftly on my Jiggly Butt....

I'M NOT THAT KATIE...... ops: Enough Said..

Well ended up picking up gifts for my son and wife, and even a Vikings Penant that will grace the wall over the bar at the VFW here in CT..

Time for Dinner and we had plans to meet up with Shock and his Lovely Wife at Joe Sensors.

The place was full of a great New Years Eve Crowd......

I was very happy to be spending it with Singer, his Daughter,her boyfriend, Shock and his Wife..
    I can only hope they had half as good a time as I did, dinner was good, and the company was great......Yes, I did behave, but thats because when I got a look at Shock, I didn't want to do anything to piss him off.....And we all think NFL linemen are big, well Shock is HUGE.....But with the heart of a gental giant...

Would have loved to spend the whole evening with this dinner crew, but Shock and Wife, had other plans they had to attend, so we said our goodbyes and farewells.....But just for now Shock, I'll be back...

Back to the 8 and time to relax, we moved the Party into SingerSP's and Crew's room.....SingerSp's daughter sure knows how to travel, she even bought her own Smoothy maker,,,,But didn't take long for me to give Viking_Queen a new nickname, after a couple of Smoothies she was nicknamed "Fluzzy"....She was full of smiles and giggles, during the rest of the evening.
    I called it quits early, I wanted to make sure I went to the game feeling good to see my Viks play....

Well it's game day,

After a grand breakfeast we are off, and SingerSP goes into his GPS mode.....
    I give Singer credit, he doesn't give up, even after some wrong turns......But he gets you to where your going, no matter what.... :???: Pulled into Rapid Park, and already the crowd was gathering.....
    I really didn't dress for the cold correctly, so I suffered some, till the crew in-front of us started a nice fire and I quickly introduced myself....Ended up being a group of some really nice Vike Fans, who where more than happy to share their fire with us....Country Girl showed up as did Caine.... Country Girl was very friendly and fun to be around.......Nice to be able to put a face with a name now, and a very beautiful face at that.... :wink:
    Well off to the shuttles and off to watch the Vikes Vs Bears..

Caine,Singer and I had plenty to talk about on the ride into the game, and once there, I was amazed at how much the Vikings Org....Does for it fans, also local radio stations and such..

I can only say this, I was really home........

I think I said to Caine, I've never seen more Purple in one spot in my whole life, and I was loving it.....I also have never seen so many Blondes in one place :razz:
    We met up with Wiggles to give him some tickets, and I even sang the Wiggles song for us all, eveyone got a kick out of that.....

Once inside the Dome, I was in AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

I just stood at my seat, taking it all in, and I can be honest with you all, some tears ran down my face and I thanked God for that moment..

I won't go into the game itself, we all know what happened, We SPANKED those Bears......Best part was, most of the scoring took place on our end of the field.........Ended up being Great Seats....

At the end of the game, none other than PPE spots us, and says hi....Come to find out, he was sitting behind us all the time and neather of us new.... it was a short time greeting, but none the less, still nice to meet another fellow PPO'er

Back to Rapid Park, and we say our Farewells to Caine,,,,,,Thanks Caine, hope this isn't the last time we get to see a game together......Was my pleasure meeting you........Thanks

Back to the Hotel, and learn Tice was fired, after listening to the radio for a little info, Singer and Crew have to leave for their ride home.....

Singer,
    You have a heart made of gold, you are a true friend in all ways.........Your family is also very nice to be around very funny...

Your gifts to my son and to Me, will be cheerished forever. You went way out of your way to make me feel welcome and at home in MN...

Just so everyone knows, Singer gave me an Autograped Authentic MOSS Jersey...."98" Rookie Year.....He gave my son a C PeP jersey and some vikings cars and truck........

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW What a suprise that was......

I'll be seeing you again my friend, and you can bank on that......

"The Pizza Sucked...LMAO" Singer can figure that one out...hahahhahahahahahahah

Went to bed, and woke up early, spent my last day on Prior Lake..

Some MN internet friends who I've talked to on a MN fishing site took me Ice fishing.

6 members showed up to great me, and yes, another great bunch of MN guys......

I caught some Perch, nothing really big, but a nice way to end my trip...........

MN is for sure a wonderful State, lots to do for visitors....And the people are warm and welcoming.......

MN., for sure, has not seen the last of Viking Ned...

SKOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Re: Viking Neds Trip Report.....

Some Pics...

Caine, VikingNed, SingerSP .....Getting ready to go to the game, Dome in background...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Dang...we look like a Cingular Wireless commercial!!!

Caine

Rapid Park,

SingerSP, Country Girl, and VikingNed......

Just another fan,

I liked the guys hat, what can I say, and thats the only beer I had all day.. :roll:

These are the fans who had a nice fire going at Rapid Park....

We had way more than a few good laughs with these good fans.....

Two Dear friends I will have for a lifetime....

SingerSP, VikingNed, and Shockzilla.......

I'll let Shock tell ya about the Beer Chedder Cheese Soup......LMAO

Don't let that last pic fool ya,

Shock was standing on the table... :roll:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:

I can only say this, I was really home........

I think I said to Caine, I've never seen more Purple in one spot in my whole life, and I was loving it.....
    Once inside the Dome, I was in AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

I just stood at my seat, taking it all in, and I can be honest with you all, some tears ran down my face and I thanked God for that moment..
    Glad you enjoyed it Ned and you wrote exactly what I felt at the first game at the Dome that I ever went to. I sometimes think that the Dome regulars don't always appreciate it like those from out-of-state do ! When you come from somewhere that doesn't sport a lot of purple then getting to the Dome is so sweet !!
    Here's hoping you get to visit again many more times
    Skol!
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "The Pizza Sucked...LMAO" Singer can figure that one out...hahahhahahahahahahah
    You shoulda went with the Chinese Ned! :lol:

Thanx for the Kudos Ned. You truley are a class act, a great new friend & we will meet again soon!

I'm glad you had a great time & am looking forward to the next time.

We'll try to do it even better next time, if that's possible.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast