Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    The Viking beard !

    Found this on the Internet today, from Britain.

    I have a beard, by the way: ;D

    "At the end of the 8th century Bishop Alcuin of York [England] complained to the young Anglo-Saxon beaux aping Viking fashion. “Look at your hairstyle, how you have wished to resemble the pagans in your beards and your hair. Are you not terrified of those whose hairstyle you wished to have?”"

    Sweet. I like to think of myself as a pagan, bearded Viking.

  2. #2
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: The Viking beard !

    Hummm, I must say I agree, it does make want to grow a bit of facial hair.

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  3. #3
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,563

    Re: The Viking beard !

    i've had some kicken beards in my day..

    my hair left my head and migrated south.. i get a beard from the bottom of my neck to just below my eyes.. full and very very thick..


    ohh.. yeah and also red.


    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The Viking beard !

    I prefer bearded clams.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: The Viking beard !

    I think Ragnar has a sweet beard. That is not doubt what the real vikings looke like.


  6. #6
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: The Viking beard !

    i cant grow a beard...... > :-\ :'(

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: The Viking beard !

    i let mine go for more than a week and its so itchy. next year at hockey playoff time when my team is still in it, it is going to be painful.
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: The Viking beard !

    "gregair13" wrote:
    i let mine go for more than a week and its so itchy. next year at hockey playoff time when my team is still in it, it is going to be painful.
    After 7-10 days the "itch" goes away...becomes an annoyance however if you don't keep the mustache area trimmed regularly because the hairs touch your lips causing a tickleing sensation.

  9. #9
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: The Viking beard !

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    i let mine go for more than a week and its so itchy. next year at hockey playoff time when my team is still in it, it is going to be painful.
    After 7-10 days the "itch" goes away...becomes an annoyance however if you don't keep the mustache area trimmed regularly because the hairs touch your lips causing a tickleing sensation.
    Some years ago
    I started a moustache but shave it after a couple of weeks ,the sensation that Bloody says is true besides I don´t know
    why but It seemed to me that I looked like a porn star of the 80 ´s
    ,then the decision was easy....

    El underdog.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: The Viking beard !

    "El" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    i let mine go for more than a week and its so itchy. next year at hockey playoff time when my team is still in it, it is going to be painful.
    After 7-10 days the "itch" goes away...becomes an annoyance however if you don't keep the mustache area trimmed regularly because the hairs touch your lips causing a tickleing sensation.
    Some years ago
    I started a moustache but shave it after a couple of weeks ,the sensation that Bloody says is true besides I don´t know
    why but It seemed to me that I looked like a porn star of the 80 ´s
    ,then the decision was easy....

    Clothing tends to help alliviate that problem. ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A new look - Jared Allen shaves off the beard
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 02:06 AM
  3. Emmett's beard is 34 years old (Thanks to the Vikings)!
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 05:09 AM
  4. US Olympian Amanda Beard - naked in Playboy
    By Zeus in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
  5. brett favre's beard
    By YogidAbEAR in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 04:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •