Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes09's football season

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    How long has this website been around because i was looking at peoples profiles and someone had a Date Registered:
    January 01, 1970, 05:00:00 am.........Also someone had a 56 average post per day...WOW!! whoever that was needs to get a life

Ah, don't say that too loud I think our very own singer averages close to that many posts a day.
    None of those stats are right, I've been here for 4.5 yrs and it says i registered a few months ago last i checked.
    That's because of the muliple personality breakdown you had.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Sorry i haven't had a chance to put anything new up, it's been a heck of a lot harder than i thought trying to update this thing day to day!

anyways, we had our first game Friday night, which we won 7-0!

one of the things that has happened is that they have put me on kickoffs, and the first kickoff to start the game i made the first tackle.
    ;D

afterwards i made several other tackles, a few of which were solo, and actually impressed my coaches.

we have our next game this thursday, so hope all goes well...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikes09" wrote:
    Sorry i haven't had a chance to put anything new up, it's been a heck of a lot harder than i thought trying to update this thing day to day!

anyways, we had our first game Friday night, which we won 7-0!

one of the things that has happened is that they have put me on kickoffs, and the first kickoff to start the game i made the first tackle.
    ;D

afterwards i made several other tackles, a few of which were solo, and actually impressed my coaches.

we have our next game this thursday, so hope all goes well...
    Thanks for the update my friend.

Congrats on the Win.
    I love defensive games instead of alot of scoring.
    More exciting and gut wrenching IMHO.

Keep working hard.
    I am sure the coaches will do the right thing with you for the betterment of the team as a whole.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

vikes09 you and me are very similar yet different haha

this offseason i too became a health freak and we 2 are predicted to go all the way.
    i am also a junior this year. i also had a position this change. from line backer and widereciver to defensive end and tackle haha. im only about 6'1 160 but im strong and fast and i start at both sides. while you go to a school of 4,000 i got to a small farm area school with about 900 k-12. we are a very good team made the playoffs last 8 years in div. 6 and last year lost to the eventual state champs 14-0 in regional championship. we by far played them the best as they blew out everyone else in the playoffs. this year we lost our first game 41-37. but we were winning 30-14 at half so we obviously needed to step it up on d. i had a bout 5 tackles not to bad.
    and
    last week we won 24-15. it was 24-7 except for a meaningless touchdown late in the 4th when we were playing prevent defense. last week i did really good with at least 5 more tackles including a solo tackle behind the line and a shared sack with my friend and partner defensive end who is about the same build as me. obviously it was a great feeling. cant wait for this week. good luck to your team bro.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

and the same to you too, woo!

good luck in your upcoming year, and i wish you the best!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the updates, enjoy reading them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

We had our 2nd game this weekend, and we had a TIE! the end result was 0-0. ARGH, it was such a close game, and a grind it out, defensive dogfight til the end. the game was truly an amazing game, and i'm glad i got to be apart of it.

i ended up at my grandfathers funeral for the better part of the week, and i was only able to be at 1 of our practices. i didn't expect to play, much less start, but i had the ability to do both! I also had my spot on special teams still intact, so all was good.

During the game I ended up jacking up the RB real good for just a 2 yard gain on an option, but it was one of my few tackles for the night. On a sour note, I also got burned really BAD, almost as bad as Smoot, but THANK GOD it was called back for a block in the back before the score. i thought I had the RB in pitch, but a realized a little too late that i still had deep third responsibilities, and i paid big for it.

At the end of the game there was a 1:16 left on the clock, and the opposing team had no timeouts left. On their first play they ran a counter to the offense's left, so it never came my way. our linebacker ended up stripping the ball, and our safety landed on top of it, with something like 1:10 left on the clock on the opponents 35! Our offense took the field with 2 timeouts and only 35 yards to hit the endzone. they ended up running a little screen which ate up alot of whatever clock was left, and we hadn't gotten but 3 yards. there's was 14 seconds on the clock, and they chunked up a prayer that bounced out of our receivers hands, and right into our TE's! they ended up spiking the ball on the 4 yd line with 6 seconds left. they tried another screen but it fell incomplete, and the time ran out. So close, almost an amazing story, but we left with a tie.

Our record is now 1-0-1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123