SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes Fan in Charleston, SC ?

A few weeks back I was driving on Hwy 17 (a main drag) in Charleston, SC and saw a house on the south side of the road with a big 'ol Vikes flag in a window. I wanted to stop and give a big 'hello' to my fellow Viking fan, but my wife, being of the far more proper Scandinavian descent, made me refrain.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but has anyone else seen that home? An even bigger shot in the dark, might they be PP.O'ers?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes Fan in Charleston, SC ?

No, but I am in Charleston, SC all the time, and I just might have to stop if I see the same house (My wife is normally not with me in Charleston to bring a level head to things like that).

Was it north of town on Hwy 17 up in the Mt Pleasent area or south of the city?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My uncle lives in Charleston SC (I think). Or maybe he lives in Altamaha, SC? Is that a city in SC or is that possibly the road he lives on? I don't know!! He's a huge vikes fan though!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I'm guessing now but I'd say it would have to be somewhere between Ashley and King Street..., right on the corner of a crossroad with highway 17..., on the S.E. corner of the intersection.

The Viking's flag stood out enough that both my wife and I spotted it.

Heres a mapquest map of the general area.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address& searchtype=address&cat=&address=500%20Rutledge%20A ve&city=Charleston&state=SC&zipcode=29403%2d4718&s earchtab=home

If you contact him (her) give a big HELLO AND SKOL from the people at PP.O !!

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"Turboe" wrote:
    No, but I am in Charleston, SC all the time, and I just might have to stop if I see the same house (My wife is normally not with me in Charleston to bring a level head to things like that).

Was it north of town on Hwy 17 up in the Mt Pleasent area or south of the city?
    Don't be too surpised though if they start throwing things at you..., once they see Brett Favre approaching their door..., I KNOW I WOULD !! :lol: