Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Vicious Attack on Minnesota...

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I may be mistaken (as I am unfamiliar with the imperial system), but isn't -500 impossible? I know absolute zero is at -273.15 degrees celsius :P
    :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
    Italian, you're making my drummer brain ache with all those technical questons... BUT, an interesting question it is! Is temperature finite? :?:
    A quick check on the net found this:

"NIST scientists chilled a cloud of cesium atoms very close to absolute zero using lasers to catch the atoms in an optical lattice. The atoms reached 700 nanokelvins, or 700 billionths of a degree above absolute zero. Zero kelvin (minus 273 degrees Celsius), or absolute zero, is the temperature at which atomic thermal motion would cease."

Your facts are correct Italian! :salute:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I may be mistaken (as I am unfamiliar with the imperial system), but isn't -500 impossible? I know absolute zero is at -273.15 degrees celsius :P
    Italian, you're making my drummer brain ache with all those technical questons... BUT, an interesting question it is! Is temperature finite? :?:

"NIST scientists chilled a cloud of cesium atoms very close to absolute zero using lasers to catch the atoms in an optical lattice. The atoms reached 700 nanokelvins, or 700 billionths of a degree above absolute zero. Zero kelvin (minus 273 degrees Celsius), or absolute zero, is the temperature at which atomic thermal motion would cease."Your facts are correct Italian! :salute:

What? Can someone please break this down into a 5th grade knowledge level? lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

"NIST scientists chilled a cloud of cesium atoms very close to absolute zero using lasers to catch the atoms in an optical lattice. The atoms reached 700 nanokelvins, or 700 billionths of a degree above absolute zero. Zero kelvin (minus 273 degrees Celsius), or absolute zero, is the temperature at which atomic thermal motion would cease."Your facts are correct Italian! :salute:

What? Can someone please break this down into a 5th grade knowledge level? lol
    :idea: All right! Zero kelvin is SOOOOOOOO cold :shock: that you should never place your tongue on the school yard flagpole! Even if the bully DOUBLE DOG DARES YOU!!!! :lol:
    Edmund Burke

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Absolute zero, VKG, is considered the point where all atoms stop moving completely. Since we would have no way to measure the effects on atoms below that point, it is considered absolute zero.

I'm totally pulling that out of my arse, but you wanted it at fifth grade level, so there it is.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

So, what does this mean in reagrds to the Vikes winning a Super Bowl?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Absolute zero, VKG, is considered the point where all atoms stop moving completely. Since we would have no way to measure the effects on atoms below that point, it is considered absolute zero.

I'm totally pulling that out of my arse, but you wanted it at fifth grade level, so there it is.

I knew I could count on you los!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

hey as long as we win a superbowl im fine w. that :lol:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    So, what does this mean in reagrds to the Vikes winning a Super Bowl?
    Perhaps something to do with that Superbowl Ford Mustang convertible commercial? That just HAD to be filmed up der in Nort Duhcolduh!
    Edmund Burke

Hey at least we will finally win a super bowl. I guess it will be 500 below zero next year!!!!
    You republican whore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12