Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Veterans Day Thanks.....

Let us all take a moment today to stop and thank a Veteran we know.

I personaly, what to thank all those Veterans who haved served, and their familys.
    They are for sure, one of the biggest parts that make this country what it is...
    Thank You and I Salute you all...

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Veterans Day Thanks.....

I definitely second that thought.
    I was just getting ready to sit down and write an email to a friend of mine in Iraq who has two little girls here at home.
    One of which he has only gotten to spend a few months with.

I want to tell him, and everyone else who is or has ever served this country that whenever I pick up my little girl and she squeezes me tight I think about the people who are or have made the sacrifice to allow me to live the life I do.
    And I know that I can never thank them enough, and words simply wont do.

But I will tell my friend that one day when he is back here, and my daughter is old enough to understand, I look forward to introducing her to him and explaining what sacrifices he made in order that she and hopefully her children someday can live in the greatest nation in the world in the same conditions and freedoms that we enjoy today.

And that goes for everyone out there that has ever served, not just my buddy.

Thank You so much!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    [img width=400 height=239]http://mommylife.net/archives/veterans_day.jpg[/img]

I personaly, what to thank all those Veterans who haved served, and their familys.
    They are for sure, one of the biggest parts that make this country what it is...

VikingNed
    I will be flying my flag at half-mast tomorrow - on Veteran's Day - November 11th.

Today is just the Federal holiday - giving all the guvmint folks a three-day weekend.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Thank you Vets!
    Hats off and thank you for your dedication to this fine country.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

and a moment spent to reflect on all of HM Forces presently serving around the world, for those who have served in the past and for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Tom Dimond Able Seaman RN 1918-1940
    Alfred Philp Sargeant RA 1911-2000

We will remember them
    [img width=180 height=256]http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kimage/RememberancePoppies.jpg[/img]
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Turboe" wrote:
    I definitely second that thought.
    I was just getting ready to sit down and write an email to a friend of mine in Iraq who has two little girls here at home.
    One of which he has only gotten to spend a few months with.

I want to tell him, and everyone else who is or has ever served this country that whenever I pick up my little girl and she squeezes me tight I think about the people who are or have made the sacrifice to allow me to live the life I do.
    And I know that I can never thank them enough, and words simply wont do.

But I will tell my friend that one day when he is back here, and my daughter is old enough to understand, I look forward to introducing her to him and explaining what sacrifices he made in order that she and hopefully her children someday can live in the greatest nation in the world in the same conditions and freedoms that we enjoy today.

And that goes for everyone out there that has ever served, not just my buddy.

Thank You so much!!!
    Thank you. People like you remind us why we proudly served our country.
    Being a Vietnam veteran I'm always surprised when someone expresses gratitude for that service.
    I'm personally proud of that service and vow to never forget the sacrifices made by some for the benefit of many.
    Hope you all have a happy veterans day!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Thank you vets, words cant express how much gratitude I have toward you

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

VikingNed
    I will be flying my flag at half-mast tomorrow - on Veteran's Day - November 11th.

Today is just the Federal holiday - giving all the guvmint folks a three-day weekend.

=Z=

I will be flying the flag tomorrow also, and I would like to thank all the veterans that have served this great country including my late father.
    Thank you all!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

VikingNed

=Z=
    I thought that your 'flag' ALWAYS flew at half-mast?

But seriously, why not fly it BOTH days!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

In early 2003 my Mom passed away and The Air Force made sure I got home, to be with my family, and in plenty of time for the Funeral. A couple of days before I had to leave to go back to my unit, my brother and I went into a Wal-Mart up in Blaine to buy some damn thing for a Grand send off before I left.
    When I went to pay I joked if she would take an out of the "States" check. I handed it to her along with my Military ID, she looked at both and I guess she figured out the PSC P.O. Box meant I was stationed overseas. After ringing up the sale and giving me back my ID and receipt, she looked in my eye's and she actually said to me "Thankyou for everything you do everyday for our country". I kinda said thanks and tried to make light of it, but she grabbed my hand and said "No really,........Thank you! That was the first time anyone had ever said that to me in such a heartfelt way, I stopped joking and said she was welcome, I actually got goosebumps and had a lump in my throat.
    As we headed out the door my big brother put his arm around me and told me with tears in his eyes how proud of me he was. We sat in that parking lot for an hour or so talking about 9/11, his military service (Vietnam) our Dad's (WWII), and what every person who ever slipped on the uniform has done for this country, no matter when they served or for how long.
    I had been in the USAF for damn near 18 years at that point and had never felt so proud of that fact as I had felt when that lady held my hand and said Thank You! So for all who still serve, Thank you,........You Are Hero's!!!!

UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast