Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Sad Day

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Very Sad Day

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Ultra, man if your son is getting into it then it may be more valuable to hold on to them and pass them on. That would be worth way more then anything you can get for them I think.

I would say you manned up to it already. You made a mistake. Hell you didn't even make a mistake. The only one not being a man about it is the seller. I thought E-bay had a way to get at those guys.
    The purchase of their collection was not through ebay, but person-to-person.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Some people make me sick. I can't believe they would do that to you.

Would you sell the collection in parts? I'd buy some of it..., not sure about the whole thing though. The 8X10 autograph would be cool, etc.

I have to agree with Del Rio though. If you have something in common with your son, don't be quick to let it go. Someday you'll regret it.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Yah stuff like that has happened to me before too, but not to that extent. If you did it over eBay don't they give you some sort of insurance? If not at least leave negative feedback.

You should aways pay by PayPal, they give insurance too.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I have been collecting Cris Carter memorabilia cards for quite a few years now. Memorabilia cards suchs as autograph, jersey, face-mask, ball, shoe, etc. I have 139 different cards of his and even started a Yahoo Group for the very small group of his hardcore collectors. I have every of his on s spreadsheet, a file with photos of all 200+ of his memorabilia cards, and I know who the major collectors of his cards are. They look to me for answers and info also. I quess I am the foremost expert in that field.

Anyways, last December a collector with a very nice collection emailed me to say they are getting out of collecting his cards. They offered to sell their collection to me. They had about 13 or so rare cards that I did not. So, after thinking about it for a long time I decided to purchase it. Thats was the last time I ever heard from them. I did get a good price on it far below book value, but I get swindled. I have tried filing an investigation with my bank but they said they cannot do anything. So, I am now forced to sell my collection. I have the 3rd largest and most valuable collection of Cris's cards (my pride and joy) and I have to be a man and do what is right. I just got done listing it on eBay. I AM NOT ADVERTISING THIS AUCTION! I just wanted to let you guys/gals know that it can happen to anybody, and you could end-up worse off than me.

Here is the auction listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5186811737&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

:sad:
    Damn that is horrible.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Ultra, are you selling your stuff cuz you need the money? I'm confused.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    No, not because I need the money. My wife has always been on my case about collecting this stuff. She thinks it a waste of money. She just does not understand guys and their passion for football and certain things.

When I told her about the cards that were offered to me, I really had to nag her until she said ok. Now, all I hear is all the complaining and pooh, "oh how could you lose that much money, blah, blah, blah." It is kinda hard to justify spending more money on my collection when I just blew money for nothing.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    No, not because I need the money. My wife has always been on my case about collecting this stuff. She thinks it a waste of money. She just does not understand guys and their passion for football and certain things.

When I told her about the cards that were offered to me, I really had to nag her until she said ok. Now, all I hear is all the complaining and pooh, "oh how could you lose that much money, blah, blah, blah." It is kinda hard to justify spending more money on my collection when I just blew money for nothing.
    that really sucks. Perhaps you shouldnt give up on your collection though. Obviously, its important to you. Could you just pass along what you have to your son and stop buying and adding to your collection for a bit of time? Its sad that you got swindled but it may be more sad to you down the road when you realize that this bad experience caused you to sell your entire collection which you seem to be quite passionate about.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm really sorry man. How much were those cards?

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

alot. look at the prices at the final price on ebay is. it totaled up over $4000 i think.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

If it's not the money then don't sell them. If you have really been collecting them that long then just keep what you have and don't buy any more off the internet. Those are more than a hobby, they're a family heirloom. A hundred years from now your great grandson could be bragging to his friends about his great granddaddy's chris carter collection that he now owns.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast