Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Sad Day

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Very Sad Day

I have been collecting Cris Carter memorabilia cards for quite a few years now. Memorabilia cards suchs as autograph, jersey, face-mask, ball, shoe, etc. I have 139 different cards of his and even started a Yahoo Group for the very small group of his hardcore collectors. I have every of his on s spreadsheet, a file with photos of all 200+ of his memorabilia cards, and I know who the major collectors of his cards are. They look to me for answers and info also. I quess I am the foremost expert in that field.

Anyways, last December a collector with a very nice collection emailed me to say they are getting out of collecting his cards. They offered to sell their collection to me. They had about 13 or so rare cards that I did not. So, after thinking about it for a long time I decided to purchase it. Thats was the last time I ever heard from them. I did get a good price on it far below book value, but I get swindled. I have tried filing an investigation with my bank but they said they cannot do anything. So, I am now forced to sell my collection. I have the 3rd largest and most valuable collection of Cris's cards (my pride and joy) and I have to be a man and do what is right. I just got done listing it on eBay. I AM NOT ADVERTISING THIS AUCTION! I just wanted to let you guys/gals know that it can happen to anybody, and you could end-up worse off than me.

Here is the auction listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5186811737&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

:sad:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Very Sad Day

Dang dude, that really sucks. From what I can tell you seem like a good guy and it's a shame people take advantage of others like that. That guy will get his someday, people like that always do. Good luck with selling your collection man.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

man, thats horrible. i knew you collected CC cards but i didnt know you were that serious.

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

that sucks that you have to sell your collection. It looks like it is pretty sweet. I would attempt to buy it, but all my resorces are aimed toward purchasing a car. I have been screwed by some guy before on ebay. I bought a Moss, Carter, Culpepper autographed 8x10 for like $20. Sent it to the guy and never heard anything from him. I was ticked off about 20 bucks, I can't believe what what you feel like. you had to have lost a lot if you now have to sell your entire collection. sorry dude.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

wow man, that really sucks. i hope the a$$hole that did that gets caught or something. that pisses me off when people do that.

Man, I feel horrible for you. It seems like its always the good guy that gets the crappy end of the stick in life. Its alright, I am a believer in karma and I think that shmuck will get what he/she deserves. I just wish we could figure out a way for you to keep your collection.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

thats ruff man really is i hope that guy gets what he deserves and i hope u get what u deserve back....just member after every storm the sun comes back up
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

But the thing that really makes me furious is that my 8 year old son is starting to get into it too!

If I ever meet this scumbag in person, I am not even going to say what I would do!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

I would break this guy in half like a toothpick. What a P.O.S.!!!

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    I would break this guy in half like a toothpick. What a P.O.S.!!!
    Agreed, Once I got screwed on Ebay I spent my alowwance for like a year and a half to get this moss card. And they bent it in half for me!!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast