Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Very moving and sad

listen all the way to the end

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/kevin-cosgrove-911-call.html

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Prophet Guest

Re: Very moving and sad

:sad:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

OMG - how chilling. I hope every person who listens to that tape realizes now why we are over in Iraq and Afghanistan, fighting an enemy so evil that they would cheer listening to that sad phone call.

That brings all the emotions I had about that day back to the surface. Thank you, though, for helping remind me how lucky I am to be living in this great country, and reminding me how lucky I am to have my family and friends.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the reminder. :cry:

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"shockzilla" wrote:
    OMG - how chilling. I hope every person who listens to that tape realizes now why we are over in Iraq and Afghanistan, fighting an enemy so evil that they would cheer listening to that sad phone call.

That brings all the emotions I had about that day back to the surface. Thank you, though, for helping remind me how lucky I am to be living in this great country, and reminding me how lucky I am to have my family and friends.
    dont' wanna open a can of worms here but not one of the 19 hijackers was from either Iraq or Afghanistan. If i am not mistaking, 17 of them were from Saudi Arabia. I know to most americans, all of those middle eastern countries are the same thing but just think of it this way. How would it look if the 19 hijackers were from Italy and we attached England and France in retalation?

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

dont' wanna open a can of worms here but not one of the 19 hijackers was from either Iraq or Afghanistan. If i am not mistaking, 17 of them were from Saudi Arabia. I know to most americans, all of those middle eastern countries are the same thing but just think of it this way. How would it look if the 19 hijackers were from Italy and we attached England and France in retalation?
    I see the point your trying to convey. However you are comparing apples and oranges. England and France are not hotbeds for terrorist activities such as training camps and "We Muslims are a peaceful religon but want death to America" propaganda.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

wow thats all i have to say
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

That's very sad to listen to. I couldn't imagine how helpless it must of felt being trapped up there. I hope something like 9-11 never happens again.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

I see the point your trying to convey. However you are comparing apples and oranges. England and France are not hotbeds for terrorist activities such as training camps and "We Muslims are a peaceful religon but want death to America" propaganda.
    I see your point also however, I think its a big waste of time and money sending our boys overseas to fight an enemy with no face while spending billions of dollars. I say we spend all that money here in the u.s hiring more cops, stronger border patrol and etc. I say we work from inside out and not from outside in. That crap over there will never end. They are terrorists to us and we are infidels to them and that will stay like that till the end of time.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

I understand your point, and what you said is true. But, however, we aren't fighting in Saudi Arabia. We are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's all I meant - I did not mean to say that Iraqis and Afghanis are to blame. Well, you know what I meant, I think.

It's all good.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast