Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    Went to Wildmans graduation ceremony last Sunday.

    Never seen something so unrulely.
    All it was was a bunch of kids sitting in the seats screaming thier favorite Seniors name for 2 hours and a bunch of parents wishing the Principal would tell them to sit down and shut up.

    Look, I am for free thinking and all, but damn, I'm also for a bit of decorum as well.
    It got so bad we couldn't even hear the invocation or the guest speaker.
    Sometime manners have to come into play and sometimes that means "not blowing kisses".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma



    Hell, my principal, couldn't put my diploma in my hand fast enough....He looked at me and said, good ridence...LMAO
    And thats the truth !


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #13
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma


    Kids now are very self centered, have little regard for traditions, and even less respect for others. I doubt they even care or know they spoiled a memorable event with way over the top antics. Sure some of us toga'd, and passed around a paper bag with a bottle in it, a couple whoops were heard, but we didn't interupt commencement speeche's and did not ruin the experiance for the parents, friends, and relative's in the audience.

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Went to Wildmans graduation ceremony last Sunday.

    Never seen something so unrulely.
    All it was was a bunch of kids sitting in the seats screaming thier favorite Seniors name for 2 hours and a bunch of parents wishing the Principal would tell them to sit down and shut up.

    Look, I am for free thinking and all, but gol 'darnit, I'm also for a bit of decorum as well.
    It got so bad we couldn't even hear the invocation or the guest speaker.
    Sometime manners have to come into play and sometimes that means "not blowing kisses".
    There should be a happy medium between celebration and decor IMHO.
    It sounds to me like Wildman's graduation errored too far on the side of celebration, and the other graduation in question errored too far on the side of decor.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Kids now are very self centered, have little regard for traditions, and even less respect for others. I doubt they even care or know they spoiled a memorable event with way over the top antics. Sure some of us toga'd, and passed around a paper bag with a bottle in it, a couple whoops were heard, but we didn't interupt commencement speeche's and did not ruin the experiance for the parents, friends, and relative's in the audience.
    Hahahahaha.
    Back in my day we used to tell those damn kids to get off our lawns.
    You know what?
    Those same kids are going to be saying the same dumb things like that when they're older too.

  6. #16
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    As for my graduation we had the ugliest robes I could imagine.
    The speeches were about as boring and pointless as they can get.
    And we weren't even allowed to decorate our hats.


    I've always found the speeches to be the worst part of graduation.
    They're never engaging, never entertaining, and never inspiring.
    They are just a generic thank you list of people and a waste of time.

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    "Schutz" wrote:
    As for my graduation we had the ugliest robes I could imagine.
    The speeches were about as boring and pointless as they can get.
    And we weren't even allowed to decorate our hats.


    I've always found the speeches to be the worst part of graduation.
    They're never engaging, never entertaining, and never inspiring.
    They are just a generic thank you list of people and a waste of time.
    The keynote at my college commencement was actually rather good and engaging.
    Unfortunately, it was the exact same keynote given at the honors commencement the night before, so that was a little disappointing.
    You would think that they would know that most honor graduates are going to particiapte in both commencements.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: A Very Costly Kiss: Senior Denied Diploma

    I wonder if the NFL rules committee had a hand in the "code of conduct"... No Fun League.. come on now a couple of beach balls and a kiss.. over the top in my book.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Man shoots himself in arm after being denied sex
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
  2. Man jailed when daughter fails to get diploma
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:18 PM
  3. Ala. woman turns 100, gets her diploma
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
  4. Costly Weekend
    By Euphman06 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 01:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •