Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vehicle needed!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vehicle needed!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Ford = First on Race day
    Chevrolet = Can't hear engine valve rattle over lousy engine timing
    I will admit, being a GM guy, that Ford does make great trucks. The new Super Duty is very nice and durable. I wouldn't even mind owning one myself.

Del Rio Guest

I have a 1976 Chevy shortbed pickup. Mechanically surperior to Ford. I have owned 3 ford trucks. Body wise Chevy's tend to rust rather quickly.

Engines? No comparison.
    Chevy parts are interchangable. Most small block parts fit on small block engines and big blocks the same, with big block parts. Tranny's everything is pretty standard.

Ford?
    351M, 400C, 400M......................list goes on and on. I have rebuilt both. My 1974 ford f150 had a 400M very limited in what you can change out of it. The oil pickup tube was near impossible to find. And I changed two cams before I sent that pile of trash packing.

It's all preference really in my personal opinion Chevy's are better. But I understand the Ford boys.

For the original poster I have a 66 Caprice, a 70 nova, my truck, and a nova II project car..........my 70's Nova I bought for 300.00 runs good, passed emmisions, but it has a straight 6 manual on the column, three on the tree. My wife wouldn't mind me getting rid of it.

My Caprice is my baby, suicide doors, 396 big block, holley double pumper..........Love my truck though..........there is something about a truck. PM me if you want, the Nova II is a project car, I just had it painted no rust no body damages........no engine LOL no Tranny LOL. I have them in my garage just not the time to put it all together. I have a 350 for it and a tranny, but the engine has a 2bbl intake and I want a 4!

Anyway PM maybe I can help you out. My dad owns his own car shop.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Audi doesn't make a retractable hardtop convertible, so I will pass on the Audi. The Lexus SC430 is a total copycat of the Benz as far as the top goes (the Japs can't invent ANYTHING, they just copy it). The Caddy version sucks.

All in all, I will stick with my Benz. As far as trucks go, my last one was a 1988 Chevy 1500, V-6, 3-speed stick with a granny gear...I had it for 12 years, sold it to a neighbor, it is still kicking. My project is a 1955 Chevy 3200 (second series)...one day it will be cherry, right now it is parked and in need of serious work (but it does run, can't drive it because no brakes though)....but one day, it will be yellow with purple trim...the ultimate classic Viking truck!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Audi doesn't make a retractable hardtop convertible, so I will pass on the Audi. The Lexus SC430 is a total copycat of the Benz as far as the top goes (the Japs can't invent ANYTHING, they just copy it). The Caddy version sucks.
    That is an offensive term for Japanese. :lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    That is an offensive term for Japanese. :lol:
    Sorry...I don't mean it to be...but if they are offended by my characterization of their products, then so be it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:
    I am looking for either a mid-80's truck (preferebly short box) or any older car. Must be Chevrolet!

!
    [size=7px] [/size]

I guess you like to walk. :smile:

If it ain't Ford it aint shnit
    Yeah, like this POS Expedition I am driving around in right now. Flippin' rear wipers are shorted, other crap don't work. 14,000 miles. Quality.

Can't wait for my Tahoe delivery. Peace and reliability at last.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"webmaster" wrote:
    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:
    I am looking for either a mid-80's truck (preferebly short box) or any older car. Must be Chevrolet!

!
    [size=7px] [/size]

Yeah, like this POS Expedition I am driving around in right now. Flippin' rear wipers are shorted, other crap don't work. 14,000 miles. Quality.

Webby,
    I figured you would drive a Beamer or Benz....Or one of those Lexus SUV's.
    :grin:

Del Rio Guest

"webmaster" wrote:
    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:

!
    [size=7px] [/size]

My dad drives a 2001 Tahoe, we have taken that thing all over the country and not one problem, just standard maintenence. If you like a throaty sound you may want to install some flowmasters on that baby. 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust and dual flowmasters will give it just the right sound.

Tahoes, while expensive to fill, are very solid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345