Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle needed!

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vehicle needed!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    chevrolet? you looking to break down soon huh?
    As opposed to a Ford that is already broken down.
    Buy Japanese and you won't have to worry about it. :wink:
    F*** the Japanese vehicle manufacturers!!!

I will NEVER buy one from them...not until they let us compete in the Japanese market! And don't give me that BS about how we don't meet their standards...they have artificial trade barriers on their end that the US won't call them on...so screw them! They aren't getting any of MY money...give me American trucks ANY DAY!!!

BTW, I have had two Camaros, one Mustang, two full-sized Chevy trucks, one Chevy S-10 and driven countless other vehicles across the spectrum...the Chevy full-size trucks ROCK...and they look BETTER...but I have to admit that my Ford Explorer that we have now gives us NO problems at all and is pretty solid.

The end result is that it is luck of the draw regarding whether they will be a lemon or not...so you gotta go with the one that has the features that work for you!

I would take Chevy trucks over Ford simply because I like the way they look more...the performance of both is a draw as far as I am concerned.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

DODGE = Dumpy Old Dirty Garbage Engine

CHEVY = Champion Heavy-duty Engines Victorious Year-after-year

Just giving you Ford and Dodge lovers grief!!!

My dad has had all three (he currently has a Dodge) and has gotten great service out of ALL of his trucks.
    My 2000 Dakota Sports transmission started slipping at 80K miles, so i got rid of it and picked up a 05 Tundra double cab, which i am pretty sure was built in the US. I towed my boat 6 1/2 hours to Florida a few weeks ago, and it was like it wasnt even there. Say what you want, but when the time comes, I will probably buy another Toyota...

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:

I will NEVER buy one from them...not until they let us compete in the Japanese market! And don't give me that BS about how we don't meet their standards...they have artificial trade barriers on their end that the US won't call them on...so screw them! They aren't getting any of MY money...give me American trucks ANY DAY!!!

Here's one

C an't
    H ear
    E ngine
    V alve
    R attle
    O ver
    L ousy
    E ngine
    T iming!

I don't care what any rancher says...There is no greater test for the durability then taking a vehicle and outfitting it as a police cruiser. Then putting it in a busy urban environment where it runs all day non stop. Ford takes the cake! Chevrolet, especially their trucks (through my experiences) just can't handle it.

BTW, I have had two Camaros, one Mustang, two full-sized Chevy trucks, one Chevy S-10 and driven countless other vehicles across the spectrum...the Chevy full-size trucks ROCK...and they look BETTER...but I have to admit that my Ford Explorer that we have now gives us NO problems at all and is pretty solid.

The end result is that it is luck of the draw regarding whether they will be a lemon or not...so you gotta go with the one that has the features that work for you!

I would take Chevy trucks over Ford simply because I like the way they look more...the performance of both is a draw as far as I am concerned.

My dad has had all three (he currently has a Dodge) and has gotten great service out of ALL of his trucks.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Let me guess, you drive a worthless Ford!! Chevy 4 Life!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:

Here's one

C an't
    H ear
    E ngine
    V alve
    R attle
    O ver
    L ousy
    E ngine
    T iming!

I don't care what any rancher says...There is no greater test for the durability then taking a vehicle and outfitting it as a police cruiser. Then putting it in a busy urban environment where it runs all day non stop. Ford takes the cake! Chevrolet, especially their trucks (through my experiences) just can't handle it.

The highlighted part is enlvikeman's response...somehow it got stuck in the middle of my quote...oh well, to each his own!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

I have a Ford F150 Supercrew and have never had any problems. Although I am only up to 56,000 miles have not had to do anything other then routine mainetence so far ( oil changes, tires). I love my truck wouldn't trade it for the world. The only thing that sucks is that tires are three times more expensive then tires for a car even without getting the best brand but oh well small price to pay.

"little redhead" wrote:
    I have a Ford F150 Supercrew and have never had any problems. Although I am only up to 56,000 miles have not had to do anything other then routine mainetence so far ( oil changes, tires). I love my truck wouldn't trade it for the world. The only thing that sucks is that tires are three times more expensive then tires for a car even without getting the best brand but oh well small price to pay.
    Such a BIG truck for such a little woman! :shock:

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "little redhead" wrote:
    I know I think that is why I like it. It give me the feeling of power.

"little redhead" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "little redhead" wrote:
    I know I think that is why I like it. It give me the feeling of power.
    Hmmmmmmm................

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

All cars are made all over the world. In my town we have a toyota, mazda and GMC factories.

???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast