Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle needed!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Vehicle needed!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    chevrolet? you looking to break down soon huh?
    As opposed to a Ford that is already broken down.
    you obviously don't know to much about trucks do ya?

Ford can't make a car worth a f*ck but they produce the best trucks on the planet.
    2 friends have ford trucks they'd like to blow to pieces because they are complete POS. Us with the Chevy's have had almost no problems. Hard as a rock!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Here's an example: 200,000 +

My brother bought this truck (play/recreation) for five hundred, dropped it in the lake, and still sold it for six hundred! After he got it out, he had to have it towed home and parked in the garage for a couple days just so that the chunk of ice that formed covering the pedals would unthaw. Of course he had to drain all fluids and such, but it still runs good.(I know, cause a friend of ours bought it.
    still a friend after you hosed him?
    LOL. :grin:

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

143,000 and still going strong!!!
    Built Ford Tough!!!!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Well we use Ford as well as Chevy in law enforcement. Our Ford Broncos and other trucks just will not break. Some in our fleet have close to 300,000 hard police miles on them. Their not the prettiest thing to look at but well worth their weight in gold! Chevy police vehicles are absolute garbage. Chevy period is garbage to me. Their designers are retarted when it comes to outfitting police department vehicle fleets. "No thanks! I don't want the Ford Crown Victoria with the cobra V8 engine, huge trunk, great handeling and a motor that won't quit...give me the chevy lumina with the v-6 or the impala police package cruiser that makes no sense as a police car.
    I know some people have had bad luck with both manufactuers. Some vehicles that Ford have made are junk. However I was a mechanic apprentice all through high school and obtained three ASE certifications when I got out of college. I worked part time at a dealership which brought both chevy and fords in for service. You will rarely see a Ford truck with a v-8 have mechanical problems. They are simply the best and our superior to Dodge and Chevy when it comes to longevity.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hopefully they don't fall apart before they can get to their sweet spot of 300,000 miles. just tweaking ya.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chevy S-10, 212,000 miles running smooth. Chevy cars are not great but chevy trucks are tight, ford trucks suck A$$. Ask ranchers.... or the ones that figure it out, some are too redneck to get it. Its simply amazing. I will agree that ford cars are better, stronger or whatever, BUT the trucks dont compare. Also ford design as far as working on the vehicles is retarded, there parts are extremely high, FOR NO REASON.

You'll never catch me in a ford. I hope to get a GMC Denali in the future, talk about a nice vehicle!

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I don't have Ford,Chevy or Dodge. But I do have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just went over 200,000 miles on it and the 5.2 liter v-8 still runs strong. I have towed my 19 footer every summer behind it for the last 5 years, and I do not baby my vehicles. In my opinion Jeep makes the best vehicles out there.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    you obviously don't know to much about trucks do ya?

Ford can't make a car worth a f*ck but they produce the best trucks on the planet.
    In fact I own a truck, GMC. I have also owned one Ford and a Dodge. The Ford was a great truck for me, the Dodge was not. I take very good care of my vehicles and perform most all repairs myself.

Now, for my crack on Fords; how can you construct the opinion that I "obviously don't know to much about trucks". I threw out a jab on Fords and gave my preferences in trucks. An ASA mechanic I am not, but a fan of GM trucks I am.

(I would take a full size Tundra an day)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Buy Japanese and you won't have to worry about it. :wink:
    F*** the Japanese vehicle manufacturers!!!

I will NEVER buy one from them...not until they let us compete in the Japanese market! And don't give me that BS about how we don't meet their standards...they have artificial trade barriers on their end that the US won't call them on...so screw them! They aren't getting any of MY money...give me American trucks ANY DAY!!!

BTW, I have had two Camaros, one Mustang, two full-sized Chevy trucks, one Chevy S-10 and driven countless other vehicles across the spectrum...the Chevy full-size trucks ROCK...and they look BETTER...but I have to admit that my Ford Explorer that we have now gives us NO problems at all and is pretty solid.

The end result is that it is luck of the draw regarding whether they will be a lemon or not...so you gotta go with the one that has the features that work for you!

I would take Chevy trucks over Ford simply because I like the way they look more...the performance of both is a draw as far as I am concerned.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

DODGE = Dumpy Old Dirty Garbage Engine

CHEVY = Champion Heavy-duty Engines Victorious Year-after-year

Just giving you Ford and Dodge lovers grief!!!

My dad has had all three (he currently has a Dodge) and has gotten great service out of ALL of his trucks.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast