Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V For Vendetta

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: V For Vendetta

New sig :grin:

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

It was an awesome movie I am so glad I saw it!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    New sig :grin:
    That's freakin sweet PPE!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

wow it looked pretty stupid in the commercial. but i think i got to go see it now.

Go vikes!!

Dwags is offline Training Camp

My two cents on V for Vendetta:

Poorly done. I saw it this weekend and was sorely disappointed. I was expecting something along the lines of 1984 and Brave New World, but the movie seemed to be a contrived and trite attempt to copy that genre - complete with the requisite Hitleresque dictator who only speaks to people on giant television screens. The movie never quite convinces you that the government regime is real or plausible, unlike the first Matrix, where you automatically buy into the alien controlled computer world.

What's more, there's no real redeeming moral underlying the movie. V has a lot of hate and revenge in his heart, he kills a few people, then dies, and then manages to pass on that sentiment to a few more people. The only nugget one could take away was on the power of symbols, but frankly, I didn't need to spend $9 and 2 hours of my time to get that.

Finally, I found the anti-religious overtones of the movie ironic, considering that V bases his life on the person of Guy Fox, a Catholic zealot who attempted to blow up parliament for religious reasons.

All in all, it was a movie that could have been great, but fell short - kind of like our Vikings these past two years.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Saw it last night as well and wow is vendetta pretty gol 'darnit smart. He seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

That chancellor dude reminded me a lot about hilter and how he was always shouting, always mad, and always giving someone ridiculous orders to follow or have their head blown off. :lol:

Hard to see the uk becoming a facist type goverment right now although it just a movie. Wonder if anglovike saw this yet, if not he should. :wink:
    Haven't seen it yet hawaiian... may be hard to get to the pictires in the next few weeks but may wait for it come out on PPV on satellite.
    Thing is that any country has the possibilty of becoming any type of government - even here
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

"Dwags" wrote:
    My two cents on V for Vendetta:

Poorly done. I saw it this weekend and was sorely disappointed. I was expecting something along the lines of 1984 and Brave New World, but the movie seemed to be a contrived and trite attempt to copy that genre - complete with the requisite Hitleresque dictator who only speaks to people on giant television screens. The movie never quite convinces you that the government regime is real or plausible, unlike the first Matrix, where you automatically buy into the alien controlled computer world.

What's more, there's no real redeeming moral underlying the movie. V has a lot of hate and revenge in his heart, he kills a few people, then dies, and then manages to pass on that sentiment to a few more people. The only nugget one could take away was on the power of symbols, but frankly, I didn't need to spend $9 and 2 hours of my time to get that.

Finally, I found the anti-religious overtones of the movie ironic, considering that V bases his life on the person of Guy Fox, a Catholic zealot who attempted to blow up parliament for religious reasons.

All in all, it was a movie that could have been great, but fell short - kind of like our Vikings these past two years.
    Usually, if your going to point out the death of a main character or another major part in a movie it would be nice if you put a spoiler warning. I don't care because I probably will never see this movie, but someone may be crying right now.

Dwags is offline Training Camp

Your point is well taken. However, in this case his death is not really a surprise; it's fairly obvious early on into the movie.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Saw it last night as well and wow is vendetta pretty gol 'darnit smart. He seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

That chancellor dude reminded me a lot about hilter and how he was always shouting, always mad, and always giving someone ridiculous orders to follow or have their head blown off. :lol:

Hard to see the uk becoming a facist type goverment right now although it just a movie. Wonder if anglovike saw this yet, if not he should. :wink:

Just saw it this afternoon. Brilliant. Many people don't realize that the Brits had their very own fascist movement in the 1930s, led by Sir Oswald Mosley, the Labour goverment minister. They were over 50,000 strong, and early in the decade (post-depression), were backed by the London paper the Daily Mail, and had popular control of East London and the surrounding communities. This movie had many eerie similarites to that time. And also, to the time we live in now (the High-Chancellor in the movie was a highly religious, Conservative-Christian, zealot . . . no need to say who that compares to). Our own government must be held in check before our civil liberties are gradually stripped away . . .

"People should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people." -- V
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

:lol: The Christian, overbearing, and the leader of the "conservative" Party. Who could that be?

I love the quote btw LAvike.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123