Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    Makes a old sailor damn proud to see this new addition to the fleet.
    Can't wait to see her sister ships the USS ARLINGTON and USS SOMERSET.



    http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/ussnewyork.asp
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    Nice looking ship!
    I had no idea they were re-using steel from the WTC 1-2.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    What's up with the img link?
    I see a Mr Yuck sticker...

    Is this is?

    [img width=450 height=360]http://graphics2.snopes.com/photos/military/graphics/ussnewyork5.jpg[/img]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What's up with the img link?
    I see a Mr Yuck sticker...

    Is this is?

    [img width=450 height=360]http://graphics2.snopes.com/photos/military/graphics/ussnewyork5.jpg[/img]
    I'm seeing her. Not sure why your not.
    That is another angle/pic of her though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "Ragnarok" wrote:
    Nice looking ship!
    I had no idea they were re-using steel from the WTC 1-2.
    I didn't know that either, pretty sweet though.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ragnarok" wrote:
    Nice looking ship!
    I had no idea they were re-using steel from the WTC 1-2.
    I didn't know that either, pretty sweet though.
    I think I might have known, but this caught me unaware.
    I didn't know, however, that they were gonna use it in follow-on sister ships.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ragnarok" wrote:
    Nice looking ship!
    I had no idea they were re-using steel from the WTC 1-2.
    I didn't know that either, pretty sweet though.
    I think I might have known, but this caught me unaware.
    I didn't know, however, that they were gonna use it in follow-on sister ships.

    Very cool...nice find Sailor.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  8. #8
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    My friend sent me this picture...can't verify it, but it looks cool.

    [img width=450 height=337]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/mcmlvi88/Fly-by.jpg[/img]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Makes a old sailor gol 'darnit proud to see this new addition to the fleet.
    Can't wait to see her sister ships the USS ARLINGTON and USS SOMERSET.



    http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/ussnewyork.asp
    BUILT IN LOUISIANA!!!!
    YEAH!!!

    Great story, Marr.
    Thanks for the update!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: USS NEW YORK (LPD 21)

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    My friend sent me this picture...can't verify it, but it looks cool.

    [img width=450 height=337]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/mcmlvi88/Fly-by.jpg[/img]
    not a chance in hell that's real.
    No way a plane would be able to stick itself out of the ground by the tip of its wing without it breaking, nevermind the damage that would have occurred when it happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New York Post cartoon
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
  2. Viking gear in New York
    By Bizkit34 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
  3. Troubles in New York
    By Vikes_King in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
  4. I just came back from New York
    By ViKing24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 05:31 PM
  5. New York Giants
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 12:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •