Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: union busting republicans..........

"Bowchee" wrote:
    http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/pub/irs-soi/01in01ts.xls

The top 50% of the wage earners pay 96% of the taxes. It's broken down further... have a look (if you can stomach the maze of statistics).

No aggitation was intended for those who didn't vote with me for George. I'm not an indescriminate voter; I see that there's flaws with both sides.

Having the Waterboy title is funny. My real life name is pronounced boo-shay with b as my first initial. I usually get that from store clerks, but now the websites are piling on.
    From what I can tell the top 1 percent paid less taxes while the middle three groups shouldered more of the burden during the Repub years, while the top 1 percent shouldered more of the burden during the Dem years...no surprise to me!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

This must really piss ned off. :grin: sorry ned, I had to do it.

washington post article:

"Organized labor, in turn, has consistently favored Democrats by ratios exceeding 9 to 1 over the years. In 2002, labor gave $54 million to Democrats and less than $5 million to Republicans."

Like it or not Democrats fight for labor union agendas. The Republican party would rather due without them making it easier for big business to underpay for labor.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm going to be smart and not say a word

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:

I also disagree with your statment about Government being at the highest level under the current administration. It was at the highest level under FDR's administration as a result of the new deal.

If you want a past example, just look at FDR's new deal (as I previously mentioned).
    OK, let's look at the New Deal:

number of federal government employees in 1940: 4 million
    fiscal budget for federal government in 1939: 9% of GNP ($7.97 billion)

number of federal government employees in 2005: 21.5 million
    fiscal budget for federal government in 2005: 19.1% of GNP ($2.34 Trillion)

Any way you cut it, the expansion of government under the New Deal does not size up to what has happened in the past 5 years.

Now, you might say, oh, it's all in the military due to post 9-11 strategy. However, spending on the military has actually decreased in the past 5 years when measured as a proprotion of the federal budget (down from a third to a fifth). In fact, most of the increased spending is on civilian social programs.

The New Deal is often brought in as a whipping post for fiscal conservatives and especially republicans. But, it seems most people recycle erroneous rhetoric and haven't actually investigated the situation for themselves. People often overlook that New Deal programs were cooperative and Roosevelt had the support of many small businesses. In fact, this support was absolutely necessary for the economic changes ushered in by the new deal as government in the 1930s was not very large and lacked capacity to enact the changes alone.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    are we finished with our latest political uprising?

LOL !
    Nope, haha.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:

I also disagree with your statment about Government being at the highest level under the current administration. It was at the highest level under FDR's administration as a result of the new deal.

If you want a past example, just look at FDR's new deal (as I previously mentioned).
    OK, let's look at the New Deal:

number of federal government employees in 1940: 4 million
    fiscal budget for federal government in 1939: 9% of GNP ($7.97 billion)

number of federal government employees in 2005: 21.5 million
    fiscal budget for federal government in 2005: 19.1% of GNP ($2.34 Trillion)

Any way you cut it, the expansion of government under the New Deal does not size up to what has happened in the past 5 years.

Now, you might say, oh, it's all in the military due to post 9-11 strategy. However, spending on the military has actually decreased in the past 5 years when measured as a proprotion of the federal budget (down from a third to a fifth). In fact, most of the increased spending is on civilian social programs.

The New Deal is often brought in as a whipping post for fiscal conservatives and especially republicans. But, it seems most people recycle erroneous rhetoric and haven't actually investigated the situation for themselves. People often overlook that New Deal programs were cooperative and Roosevelt had the support of many small businesses. In fact, this support was absolutely necessary for the economic changes ushered in by the new deal as government in the 1930s was not very large and lacked capacity to enact the changes alone.
    Great research, CV!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456