Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: union busting republicans..........

caj- you make a great point [as always] by conservative i meant value wise-which 90% of the people are. so when republicans campaign they go on "values" the guy making 10.00 a hour says "heck yeah i'm a republican" yet his kids are on free lunch program and state supplied health ins. ummmmmmmm, i dont think republicans like "hand outs"!!!!!!!!!!!
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

spirit- yes it seems the only time you hear about democrats its when a freak wants to legalise gerbil sex or something.lol the party better focus more on mainstream values or they will lose again and again.

Bowchee is offline Rookie

Wow! I'm glad I made $295,000 last year otherwise I'd be a fool for voting Republican. That extra $1,000 makes all the difference!! What kind of silly thread is this anyway??! BTW the Democrats received more large donations than the Republicans in the last election - translation: rich doesn't necessarily mean republican (although what's the matter with being rich?).
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    i think people equate conservative with republicans. you can be conservative and democrat. the true republicans are laughing at the redneck type republicans. look up the tax bracket for the figure i gave you--over that they pay less in taxes than you. that makes them richer and you poorer. [hear them laughing?] VOTE CONSERVATIVE-DEMOCRAT!
    The point is that no matter which political party is in office the middle class takes it up the rear end. We're a middle class family, and we're republicans, and we don't make nearly 300,000 or even 200,000 dollars a year. Bush gave tax breaks to the "wealthy" yes, but also keep in mind that they still pay a whole boat load of taxes because they make that much more. The truly poor pay very little or no taxes (and some even get money back). So the bottom line is that the really wealthy can afford it, the poor don't have to worry about it, and the burden is put on the middle class. The difference is that democrats support higher taxes for BOTH the middle class and the upper class, while giving back more to the lower class. Either way the middle class takes the brunt of the tax beating....it's just a matter of different ideaology of who should get your money and how much they should get. Don't bash someone just because they're republican, we're all entitled to our opinions.

bowchee [bobby bouchei] i am just saying that there are a lot of uninformed people who, if informed would not vote republican. welcome aboard ppo- by the way i'm in zimtown.-

itrey- are you republican because of "family values"? i am sure i have the same values as you. but as a christian i have to vote democrat. i beleive in giving. what did that cardinal say -----"we have to stop thinking that our money is ours, it is not, it is gods" and i did not mean to bash anybody. sorry.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

man I hate politics.

I say we do away with the current tax systems and give way to everyone being equal, and at the same time charitable.

Everyone should get a straight 17% tax from $35,000 and up. Lower then $35,000 you pay 10%. Due away with sales tax except on gasoline. Its the fairest tax there is. Drive lots, pay more tax, drive fuel econemy car and save money while helping the enviroment. And get rid of all double taxes.

Plain and simple, people who make more pay more but still the same % as everyone else.

But that wont happen. Everything keeps costing more, but salaries are not growing anywhere near what the cost of housing and goods are costing. If thats the case I should have received at least a 5% raise every year at work, and I know very few people that actually do get that.

smoot-ifeel the same way. on the bright side 1 week til gameday!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"smootpepper" wrote:
    man I hate politics.

I say we do away with the current tax systems and give way to everyone being equal, and at the same time charitable.

Everyone should get a straight 17% tax from $35,000 and up. Lower then $35,000 you pay 10%. Due away with sales tax except on gasoline. Its the fairest tax there is. Drive lots, pay more tax, drive fuel econemy car and save money while helping the enviroment. And get rid of all double taxes.

Plain and simple, people who make more pay more but still the same % as everyone else.

But that wont happen. Everything keeps costing more, but salaries are not growing anywhere near what the cost of housing and goods are costing. If thats the case I should have received at least a 5% raise every year at work, and I know very few people that actually do get that.
    Way too simplistic....How about we tax those who make their money off of the backs of others more? The way that I see it, the infrastructure that those taxes pay for is benefiting those landlords/corporation owners/industrialists a heck of a lot more than the common man...that infrastructure makes sure that their workers get to work safely and on time, supports the shipping channels/service channels that their products traverse, and provides the market for their goods and services...they should pay more for the privilege of operating large businesses here in the greatest country in the world...and having a huge pool of highly-skilled workers to provide the easily-accessible labor to build their companies. I know that I wouldn't mind owning a company in that environment...I would still me making alot of money, but the benefits of success would be more fairly distributed among those who contributed to that success.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    itrey- are you republican because of "family values"? i am sure i have the same values as you. but as a christian i have to vote democrat. i beleive in giving. what did that cardinal say -----"we have to stop thinking that our money is ours, it is not, it is gods" and i did not mean to bash anybody. sorry.
    I'm partially family values, but I also believe a lot in the Republican financial platform. I agree also that as a Christian man I have to be charitable, and I have to give to others because my situation in life is a lot better than a lot of people's all over the world. I just don't believe it's the government's right to take my money, I believe I can be charitable with it and donate it much more appropriately than the government can.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast