Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6-KINGS Guest

Re: Under cover cop cars.

Just throw pennies out the sunroof right before they pull you over.
    TING!!!!!!

I never have pennies.
    I throw so many while I drive.
    Tailgaters, Shoulder passers, swoop and squatters.
    Pennies are wonderful.

Lincoln what a guy!

LOL

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hate cops!! jk When I was on my trip to the east coast a few years ago we saw some mustangs and camaros as cop cars, but I don't ever see those kind of cop cars in cheesedick land. They seem to just have impalas.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I grew up in Florida, and they had Mustang GT's as their state trooper cars. The city department that I grew up by had a Iroc-Z as one of their city cars.. In Wisconsin, they now have Ford Expeditions as their some of the State Trooper cars. The city I now live in has a Ford Explorer as a County Sheriff vehicle. I think alot of states are changing it up a little bit. The reason for the 4x4's is if someone goes off roading, the cops can still go after them.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Check this one out:
    http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars/lamborghini/05/police_gallardo.html

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I hate cops!! jk When I was on my trip to the east coast a few years ago we saw some mustangs and camaros as cop cars, but I don't ever see those kind of cop cars in cheesedick land. They seem to just have impalas.
    :grin:

yeah, everybody hates cops until they need one. :lol:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

This past weekend on my adventure into the land of cheese for a wedding I saw a cop pull over a car and the cop was driving a black Ford Explorer that you definately could not tell was an undercover cop car.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

gpete13 is offline Starter

I've seen alot of different things. I drive about 2-3 hours to work one way out of PA across the state of NJ. I've seen an impala, the SUVs (marked and unmarked- there was a really nice black one the other day), a crown victoria with gold trim and rims, looked like one of the Livery guys. Now the regular state trooper cars dont even have the headlight on the roof. Sometimes its heard to make out the lights in the undercovers behind the fron grills.

The best undercover I saw few years ago had baseball cap in the back shelf and something about happy about being retired. It was light baby blue and the hat was a Tarheel hat. He was my hero, pulling over those jerks that drive on the shoulder because they are too important to wait in traffic with the rest of us.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I believe they're becoming common place all over now.

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.
    Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.
    And as an officer myself I've seen thousands and thousands of people break the law right in front of me and I chose to let it slide. Try to remember this the next time you see a cop go above the speed limit or fail to completely stop. Matter of fact...I can't remember the last time I actually pulled someone over and gave them a ticket. Usually it's a verbal or written warning. Unless the driver is a Richard Head. I flat out refuse to be a money making pawn for any government.
    Is it a myth about Officers having to fill quotas each month?
    complete myth
    How about encouragement to pay for their own salary?

"If we don't pull our own weight......."

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    I believe they're becoming common place all over now.

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.
    Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.
    And as an officer myself I've seen thousands and thousands of people break the law right in front of me and I chose to let it slide. Try to remember this the next time you see a cop go above the speed limit or fail to completely stop. Matter of fact...I can't remember the last time I actually pulled someone over and gave them a ticket. Usually it's a verbal or written warning. Unless the driver is a Richard Head. I flat out refuse to be a money making pawn for any government.
    Is it a myth about Officers having to fill quotas each month?
    complete myth
    How about encouragement to pay for their own salary?

"If we don't pull our own weight......."
    Every time I have been able to participate or listen in on city council debate about adding or retracting officers, the amount of money generated by tickets (any kidn) has never been brought up. Crime statistics, response times, public image, complaints... these are mentioned much more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    So the other day I was driving home from work and saw someone pulled over by an under cover cop car. The cop car was a Mustang. My office window overlooks the city and highway and yesterday we seen someone pulled over and the cop car was some sporty little blue thing. THEN this morning I was driving to work and saw someone pulled over again... this time the cop car was a Monte Carlo.

I've never seen a cop car be anything but the normal Crown Victoria or whatever, even the under cover cars. I thought this was kinda weird. Any other cities do this or is Chicago the only city to do this?
    The town where I live has a Ford Expedition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast