Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Under cover cop cars.

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    A lot of umarked cars in virginia are Impalas
    Yep, I've seen a lot of them and might I say, the cops over there in WV are rutheless.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They just give a lot of warnings, but yeah they are everywhere,

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I believe they're becoming common place all over now.

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.
    Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.
    And as an officer myself I've seen thousands and thousands of people break the law right in front of me and I chose to let it slide. Try to remember this the next time you see a cop go above the speed limit or fail to completely stop. Matter of fact...I can't remember the last time I actually pulled someone over and gave them a ticket. Usually it's a verbal or written warning. Unless the driver is a Richard Head. I flat out refuse to be a money making pawn for any government.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Williamson8211" wrote:
    I see a ton of these because I also live in Chi-town, but I think the reason is that we have like the 2nd most accidents in the country due to speeding.

It is just a reason to try and contain it. The senior who drives me to and from school got pulled over in around January for going like 68 in a 55. It was kinda *** because we were the only one on the road.
    If you are alone, you don't speed. If you are in a mass of cars, you can get away with it most of the time if you are going with the flow or slightly above. It is the opposite of what you think. If you are the only car on the road, you have to be that much more mindful of your speed.

Colorado has some really nice camaro Highway Patrol Cars, they are marked.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.
    Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.
    And as an officer myself I've seen thousands and thousands of people break the law right in front of me and I chose to let it slide. Try to remember this the next time you see a cop go above the speed limit or fail to completely stop. Matter of fact...I can't remember the last time I actually pulled someone over and gave them a ticket. Usually it's a verbal or written warning. Unless the driver is a Richard Head. I flat out refuse to be a money making pawn for any government.
    Is it a myth about Officers having to fill quotas each month?

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

in alaska they will sometimes cease your dog sled for up to a month when you fail to abide by the common sled code (c.s.c.)
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Is it a myth about Officers having to fill quotas each month?
    complete myth

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

in winnipeg our police force is severely understaffed, and the government doesnt seen to put alot of money into it, basically meaning that they are just crown vics that are all white..most of the time you mistake them for taxis
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I drive the stretch of 94 between Milwaukee and northern Illinois every day. I've seen Crown Vics, Impalas, Cameros, and a pick up truck. That last one almost got me, too.

I've heard, though, that some states are starting to take a new approach:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"josdin00" wrote:
    I drive the stretch of 94 between Milwaukee and northern Illinois every day. I've seen Crown Vics, Impalas, Cameros, and a pick up truck. That last one almost got me, too.

I've heard, though, that some states are starting to take a new approach:

LOL. That would definatley get my attention!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast