Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Under cover cop cars.

So the other day I was driving home from work and saw someone pulled over by an under cover cop car. The cop car was a Mustang. My office window overlooks the city and highway and yesterday we seen someone pulled over and the cop car was some sporty little blue thing. THEN this morning I was driving to work and saw someone pulled over again... this time the cop car was a Monte Carlo.

I've never seen a cop car be anything but the normal Crown Victoria or whatever, even the under cover cars. I thought this was kinda weird. Any other cities do this or is Chicago the only city to do this?

faninphx is offline Starter

Re: Under cover cop cars.

I got pulled over by an undercover cop when I was a senior in school. It was a maroon Camaro (an older one). I was pissed because the only reason I was pulled over was because I was the first one to leave campus that day. The cop cited me for failing to come to a complete stop before exiting the parking lot (there was no stop sign). WTF?!?! NOBODY I knew came to a complete stop. It was a puny little sidestreet no one used! I can't believe they wasted a perfectly good undercover car for that little pecadillo.

Needless to say I was a little pissed.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    So the other day I was driving home from work and saw someone pulled over by an under cover cop car. The cop car was a Mustang. My office window overlooks the city and highway and yesterday we seen someone pulled over and the cop car was some sporty little blue thing. THEN this morning I was driving to work and saw someone pulled over again... this time the cop car was a Monte Carlo.

I've never seen a cop car be anything but the normal Crown Victoria or whatever, even the under cover cars. I thought this was kinda weird. Any other cities do this or is Chicago the only city to do this?
    I see a ton of these because I also live in Chi-town, but I think the reason is that we have like the 2nd most accidents in the country due to speeding.

It is just a reason to try and contain it. The senior who drives me to and from school got pulled over in around January for going like 68 in a 55. It was kinda gay because we were the only one on the road.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I work right off of 290 and if you are only going 68 you're still gonna get run over. Christ a cop car - a normal trooper whizzed by me and I was going 70.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I believe they're becoming common place all over now.

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:

Even in the small town of Fountain City where I live, they have unmarked SUV's. The smaller low profile lights are virtually non-existant now.

The latest lights I've seen are at the top of the windshield on the inside of the vehicle.
    Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.

twill is offline Starter

ive gotten pulled over by a cop whose driving a hooked up chromed out lincoln towncar... he was gonna write me a ticket, but there was 1 problem.. the idiot forgot his ticketbook and had to give me a verbal warning!!! lol

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Lakeville had a corvette for years.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Won't it be awkward when one undercover cop pulls over another? I mean, if they're ticketing people for failing to come to a complete stop and BS things like that, an undercover cop is bound to get pulled over.
    BS things like that? I've seen way to many people roll thru stop signs, especially when making a turn & not even noticing people in the crosswalk crossing the street.

If you don't want a ticket, obey the traffic laws.

I know a lot of speeding goes on in the big cities, so what I do is just go with the flow of the traffic & make sure there is someone driving faster than me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

A lot of umarked cars in virginia are Impalas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast