Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ultra's Family Reunion Video

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    i think all guns should be scrapped and we go back to the days of bows and longswords.!
    Can we bring the Lord of the Rings trilogy and a DVD player with us in the time portal????
    :
    sure but youll be hardpressed to find an outlet!
    All you need is a current bush

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

lol, nice family reunion ultra.

Yeah, I think only the bad guys and the gov't should be allowed to have guns.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

laujesse is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    lol, nice family reunion ultra.

Yeah, I think only the bad guys and the gov't should be allowed to have guns.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).
    LMAO
    ;D
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    Those guns are the least of your worries in the big picture... believe me.

If you chickcrap liberals wanna save the world there are alot better places to start than craping on the bill of rights.
    Next you commies will say I don't have the right to call you stupid commies.
    As a stupid commies who may or may not be homosexuals may get offended and we can't have that can we.

Don't worry, with the patriot act no one (I mean criminals and terrorists
    ) can do anything in private anymore anyways so I don't see what you are so scared of.
    So all you fearful liberals who are scared of guns made that possible too. You chickencraps should be proud.
    Liberals...
    ;D
    Take away guns crime will go up, just ask Austrailia.
    You got that exactly right!
    The numbers in Austraila are telling.
    So what the Aussies actually got for their trouble with their long gun ban was a very VERY expensive crime enhancement plan that they are still paying for.

And while we are at it, I just wish we could have some of those enlightened gun laws that the Europeans have.
    So that we too could have most of our household robberies occur when we are at home instead of having those poor criminals have to wait until we are not home (with our potential guns waiting for them) before they break in.
    I mean lets get real here, we Americans are quite a rude bunch imposing on our robbers in this country the hardship of either waiting until we are not home, or having to risk the fact that someone might actually be armed if they force their way in when we are there.

As stated many times on this thread by others.
    I was taught at a young age that guns are a serious thing and should be treated as such.
    If you instill a proper respect for and knowledge of firearms in a child and bring them up in a disciplined environment you greatly improve the chances that they will not use a firearm in a dispicible manner as this misguided young man in VA did this week.

While I am not saying that nobody who grew up with that kind of upbringing never goes astray and does something stupid.
    But I believe the chances are a lot less if you are properly trained, and have a respect for the proper use of a firearm.
    I dont know this for a fact, but I have a feeling the chances are greater that this kid in VA probably learned his knowledge of firearms by having a video game controller in his hands than he did learing how to properly handle a firearm by a trained person, or concerned parent.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Turboe" wrote:

I dont know this for a fact, but I have a feeling the chances are greater that this kid in VA probably learned his knowledge of firearms by having a video game controller in his hands than he did learing how to properly handle a firearm by a trained person, or concerned parent.
    And that video controller is in their hands at a very early age. Long before a parent would ever start educating him about using & respecting real firearms.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234