Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Ultra Jrs. first real scrimmage

This afternoon we play our first real scrimmage; all decked out in our uni's. My son plays in an 8 year old league and is the starting FB and OLB. I am the Defensive Coach also. We have a great squad of players who really play hard! On the 10th of September we have our first real game. Today we will run 10 plays on Offense and 10 on Defense. It is a preview in front of the parents and other teams in the league.

Here is a little something from the other day I wrote for Del Rio. We keep each other informed on our teams.

Tonight we scrimmaged another team that is pretty intense. Their head coach is the nicest guy and a good friend. One of the assistants is a jerk though and cheap!

Anyways, the right tackle kept punching our players after the play was dead...I mean "punching". So, my ILB who is lined-up over this kid, I grabbed his by the face mask and told him to blitz straight over this kid and the kid better hit the dirt! Man, this kid just got decked! He was on the ground for a few minutes; everything was clean.

Then, the same little bastage was a DT. He was doing the same pooh! So, we ran a 25 Dive and doubled him with the G and T. The FB came through and finished him off! (My son was the FB). The kid got up swearing and pushed one of our players. We ran the same play again and just pummeled him into the ground...hard! Totally clean and legit! After that, the kid was crying and they sat his jiggly butt!

I do not know if any of you subscribe to this kind of stuff, but I do! we do not let anybody "punk" us...nobody! Football is a tough sport. It was a thing of beauty.

In all, we hit the end zone 6 times out of 20. They had only 1 play where they got a yard! The rest we drove them furthur and furthur back!

We are the "Crush" and I will post a pic after the scrimmage!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ultra Jrs. first real scrimmage

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This afternoon we play our first real scrimmage; all decked out in our uni's. My son plays in an 8 year old league and is the starting FB and OLB. I am the Defensive Coach also. We have a great squad of players who really play hard! On the 10th of September we have our first real game. Today we will run 10 plays on Offense and 10 on Defense. It is a preview in front of the parents and other teams in the league.

Here is a little something from the other day I wrote for Del Rio. We keep each other informed on our teams.

Tonight we scrimmaged another team that is pretty intense. Their head coach is the nicest guy and a good friend. One of the assistants is a jerk though and cheap!

Anyways, the right tackle kept punching our players after the play was dead...I mean "punching". So, my ILB who is lined-up over this kid, I grabbed his by the face mask and told him to blitz straight over this kid and the kid better hit the dirt! Man, this kid just got decked! He was on the ground for a few minutes; everything was clean.

Then, the same little bastage was a DT. He was doing the same pooh! So, we ran a 25 Dive and doubled him with the G and T. The FB came through and finished him off! (My son was the FB). The kid got up swearing and pushed one of our players. We ran the same play again and just pummeled him into the ground...hard! Totally clean and legit! After that, the kid was crying and they sat his jiggly butt!

I do not know if any of you subscribe to this kind of stuff, but I do! we do not let anybody "punk" us...nobody! Football is a tough sport. It was a thing of beauty.

In all, we hit the end zone 6 times out of 20. They had only 1 play where they got a yard! The rest we drove them furthur and furthur back!

We are the "Crush" and I will post a pic after the scrimmage!
    Yikes Ultra! Their only 8! :shock: Looks like you got that kid back. Where were the refs? The kid was just punching people?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It was only a scrimmage. Coachs are supposed to keep tabs on their players.

As far as being 8, players know what is acceptable and what is not. They know just because they have pads on they are not allowed to punch other players, especially after the play is over.

Hey, football is basically the same principles regardless of age. You play hard, play to win, and must follow the rules.

Besides, the kid learned a valuable lesson. Do make Ultra mad. No really, when he plays like that he will draw a lot of attention to himself. Every player has a breaking point. We just happened to find his! :razz:

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Wow I can't beleive he was punching people. I'm glad you showed him whats up ultra. Good luck with the rest of your season.

We had our first game last night and won 20 to 14.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

:lol: that is some good stuff. Dont let em mess with your team. Ultra Sr sounds like he is having as much fun as the kids.
    Isnt that what it is all about?
    :grin:

Del Rio Guest

That's some good news Ultra. Can't wait to get updates on your first games! Gonna be sweet.

Since it doesn't need a new thread I'd just like to squeeze in the fact that my HS team I coach won 14-2 they got a saftey on us because our QB fumbled in the endzone and jumped on the ball and they landed on him.

They only had 72 yards of total offense so I am very happy with my guys. They really came through for us. My little brother had a sack and a few tackles. He sacked the QB and sent him packing for the night. I went over at half time to make sure he was ok, and the other teams coaches said he would be fine just agot a really bad stinger.

We had solid line play and great LB play. So 1-0 for the year so far. Play Brighton at home this Thursday and they have a RB that is already being scouted so will be interesting.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Saweet! With that kind of attitude, maybe you should take over the Vikes if Teddy Cottrell doesn't work out this year?

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Real men play Wide Receiver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I remember playing center in grade 10 for our HS team, and the nose tackle kept trying to throw punches. One time he landed one in my stomach and totally winded me for a play. Needless to say, you pull that kind of crap and you can expect to get cut by the guards on the very next passing play.

If you play cheap, expect the same.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Sounds like fun

Grabbed your 8 year olds facemask and gave him a suicide play eh? :lol:

I jump on every chance I get to play street. I am a QB/WR/CB. My favorite is by far WR. People say I play like Chris Carter. Probably cause I toe the line real well.

Glad your son is having a good time (and apparently you too :lol: )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast