Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Ultimate Deer Stand

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Does Minnys shotgun hunt open today? I gotta wait until Monday.
    Yep!
    You hunt at all singer?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    Good luck Minnesota Hunters..........
    Good luck is right. Did you notice the bottle of beer on the hot tub while he's shooting?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Yep!
    You hunt at all singer?
    I used to deer hunt. I haven't for about 4 years. I used to hunt with my in-laws here in WI, but since the divorce, I've had to seek new hunting grounds.

I live in prime whitetail country in Buffalo County, WI which is arguably the best & biggest buck country in the state. Rocker & avid hunter Ted Nugent even hunts here.

A lot of the farmers here now lease there land to hunters from out of the county. It is not uncommon for a land owner to rent out his land for $1,000 a season. Hunting parties might be able to afford that, but I can't.

Here is a link to a farm in Buffalo county to give you an idea how nice the bucks are here.......

[size=13pt]Buffalo County OutfittersTrophy Room[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Yep!
    You hunt at all singer?
    I used to deer hunt. I haven't for about 4 years. I used to hunt with my in-laws here in WI, but since the divorce, I've had to seek new hunting grounds.

I live in prime whitetail country in Buffalo County, WI which is arguably the best & biggest buck country in the state. Rocker & avid hunter Ted Nugent even hunts here.

A lot of the farmers here now lease there land to hunters from out of the county. It is not uncommon for a land owner to rent out his land for $1,000 a season. Hunting parties might be able to afford that, but I can't.

Here is a link to a farm in Buffalo county to give you an idea how nice the bucks are here.......

You don't need a lot of bush if you want to hunt alone. You'd be surprised how many farmers are ok with you sitting on the edge of their field. All you need is a good tree stand.

It might be different around there but around here you can get loads of spots by just offering the owner some steaks or something. Small farms are key.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Yep!
    You hunt at all singer?

You don't need a lot of bush if you want to hunt alone. You'd be surprised how many farmers are ok with you sitting on the edge of their field. All you need is a good tree stand.

It might be different around there but around here you can get loads of spots by just offering the owner some steaks or something. Small farms are key.
    True, you don't need a lot of bush, I'm not big on hirsute, but I still like me some.
    8)

Yeah, there are just not too many small farms around here where someone isn't hunting them. I've been thinking about going to VQ's boyfriends parents farm though.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=35720.msg667156#msg667156 date=1194104381]
    Yep!
    You hunt at all singer?

True, you don't need a lot of bush, I'm not big on hirsute, but I still like me some.
    8)

Yeah, there are just not too many small farms around here where someone isn't hunting them. I've been thinking about going to VQ's boyfriends parents farm though.
    [/quote]

Get an out of state license and come here, we have plenty of room

Whats the rifle hunting situation there? To rifle hunt around here you have to drive about 4 hours north.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12