Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

UFL: Destroyers christen first season with road victory

Chris Greisen directed two second-quarter touchdown drives and Delbert Alvarado kicked three field goals Thursday night to lead the Virginia Destroyers to a 23-13 victory over Omaha in the opening game of the United Football League season.

The win, before an announced crowd of 15,836 at TD Ameritrade Park, came in the Destroyers' first UFL game and marked a successful return to football for Marty Schottenheimer. He spent 31 years in the National Football League, winning 205 games, but hadn't coached for the past four seasons.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/09/ufl-...n-road-victory

I know were the Vikings can find a kicker next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    wow.. Marty Schottenheimer.. theres a blast from the past!!

forgot all about the UFL to be honest

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    I bet they could beat us right now.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregair13 View Post
    I bet they could beat us right now.
    We had a blast. Played the Locomotives, 2 time defending champions. Our Season tickets are right behind the Destroyers bench and they can hear every word I was saying to them to the point they would give me thumbs ups when they came off the field when I was hollering stuff at them.

At one point we had a 4th and 1 in the red zone and it was almost silent as the crowd waited for Marty's decision. Well, all except for me. I yelled "GO FOR IT COACH". He turned, looked at our section and gave a over exagerated signal to his coaching staff to go for it. The whole crowd went nuts.

Unfortunately they didn't get it so I got ragged a bit by my section. Who cares, the interaction with the team is remarkable at this level.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

At one point we had a 4th and 1 in the red zone and it was almost silent as the crowd waited for Marty's decision. Well, all except for me. I yelled "GO FOR IT COACH". He turned, looked at our section and gave a over exagerated signal to his coaching staff to go for it. The whole crowd went nuts.
    UFL - where old retired coaches go to fuck around

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    LOL IBP!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    We had a blast. Played the Locomotives, 2 time defending champions. Our Season tickets are right behind the Destroyers bench and they can hear every word I was saying to them to the point they would give me thumbs ups when they came off the field when I was hollering stuff at them.

Unfortunately they didn't get it so I got ragged a bit by my section. Who cares, the interaction with the team is remarkable at this level.

I got the video too.