Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: UFC

Arlovski vs. Sylvia

It lasted all five rounds kind of going back and forth. It was basically a boxing match, not one take down.

Sylvia wins by judges decision.

Overall it was a great night of fights but the Shamrock/Ortiz one disapointed me a lot. I was expecting that one to go on for a while. I also wanted Shamrock to win so that doesn' make it any better. If it would have just gone 3 rounds I would have been happy even if Shamrock lost.

"cc21" wrote:
    Overall it was a great night of fights but the Shamrock/Ortiz one disapointed me a lot. I was expecting that one to go on for a while. I also wanted Shamrock to win so that doesn' make it any better. If it would have just gone 3 rounds I would have been happy even if Shamrock lost.
    Agreed.

There were some good fights tonight, but that Shamrock/Ortiz debacle was wack (especially since I was also rooting for Shamrock). Oh well, I hope Chuck Liddell gets a chance to fight Ortiz sometime soon. I'd like to see him get a chance to take Tito's head off. :evil:

Screw Ortiz. That cocky SOB.

Regarding the Sylvia/Arlovski match, if anything, I was surprised that it went to the cards. I was expecting that one to end in the 1st round.
    Even babies know the difference.

dirtydog_10 is offline Training Camp

Nobody mentioned the HUGE announcement!!! If the "Iceman" gets past "Babalu"sobral in his next fight, he is fighting "the Axe Murderer" Wanderlai Silva in November!!! Chuck's got a tough road ahead of him. I unlike the rest agree(somewhat) with the ortiz/shamrock descision....I think they should have had Big John reffing it and he would have let it go a little longer, but shamrock wasn't "intelligently defending" himself. Just my 2 cents.

"dirtydog_10" wrote:
    Nobody mentioned the HUGE announcement!!! If the "Iceman" gets past "Babalu"sobral in his next fight, he is fighting "the Axe Murderer" Wanderlai Silva in November!!! Chuck's got a tough road ahead of him. I unlike the rest agree(somewhat) with the ortiz/shamrock descision....I think they should have had Big John reffing it and he would have let it go a little longer, but shamrock wasn't "intelligently defending" himself. Just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, that Iceman/Axe Murderer fight should be killer. But, then again, I shouldn't count any chickens before they hatch. Liddell still needs to beat Babalu first. And in sports, anything can happen.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

lidell is my favorite fighter he just looks intimiadating :lol:
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    lidell is my favorite fighter he just looks intimiadating :lol:
    Yeah, I have to agree. I love watching Chuck fight.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Shamrock was f*cked, if you watch the over view camera you can see the first nasty elbow ortiz landed knocked Shamrock a little unconcous, you can see his legs loosen up too, then he hit him with about 3 or 4 nasty elbows in a row, its not what the fans wanted to see but it was a good decision, had they let that go shamrock could have seriously gotten hurt, he was in no way protecting himself, and the elbows where coming in.

Shamrock needs to seriously quit, Ortiz dominated the whole fight, he threw shamrock around like a rag doll, it was funny.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I normally HATE the cocky arrogant athletes but for some reason I really like Tito. Yeah, he's a total douche, but doesn't he usually back his words up? Correct me if I'm wrong ,as I don't watch a ton of UFC.

hey i watched the shamrock ortiz fight on kazaa and it was funny how after the rounds jeff osbornes scoring would be like ortiz: 10 shamrock:8

my friends and i would be like wat the fu ck and then the online score would come one and it be like ortiz:85 shamrock:5 and we laughed like crazy
    woo out

i also didnt get to see the shirt that tito put on do any of you know what it said?
    woo out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast