renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Two Monday Night games?

You all may or may not have heard about this, but they're thinking about or have already set up a format where the Monday Night games are set up ahead of time.....but if a better match up comes along later in the season, they'll switch the better match up to the nationally televised game and have the original just be a locally televised game.

Personally, I kind of like the idea, because of our long stretch without any Monday Night game. The thing that will piss me off, I know this already, is the possibility that one of our Monday Nighters this year could be switched over to local, and that would screw me out of it, living here in a Vikings wasteland (Nevada).

What are your opinions on it?

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

Re: Two Monday Night games?

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    You all may or may not have heard about this, but they're thinking about or have already set up a format where the Monday Night games are set up ahead of time.....but if a better match up comes along later in the season, they'll switch the better match up to the nationally televised game and have the original just be a locally televised game.

Personally, I kind of like the idea, because of our long stretch without any Monday Night game. The thing that will piss me off, I know this already, is the possibility that one of our Monday Nighters this year could be switched over to local, and that would screw me out of it, living here in a Vikings wasteland (Nevada).

What are your opinions on it?
    I've heard a little something about this. However, for this to work the NFL will have to schedule 2 or more games for Monday night. That's the only way they would be able to switch games. They couldn't switch a Sunday 1:00 pm game with a Monday night game in a totally different city. Plus what able the fans that have tickets to a Monday night game and are coming in from out of town. They've already brought plane tickets, reserved cars and hotel rooms. What happens to all their money? Monday night football would problems with last minute switches also, I would think.

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"VaViking1" wrote:
    I've heard a little something about this. However, for this to work the NFL will have to schedule 2 or more games for Monday night. That's the only way they would be able to switch games. They couldn't switch a Sunday 1:00 pm game with a Monday night game in a totally different city. Plus what able the fans that have tickets to a Monday night game and are coming in from out of town. They've already brought plane tickets, reserved cars and hotel rooms. What happens to all their money? Monday night football would problems with last minute switches also, I would think.
    The originally scheduled teams would still play on Monday Night, and at the same venue...it would just be locally televised, is all, if the League decided to switch to another match-up. The only change would be those teams who are set to play on Sunday, having to play Monday Night instead.

I agree, it would create problems for those fans who had planned to go to the game on Sunday and having it switched to Monday...but I would hope that a) the schedule change would be announced well ahead of time and/or that b) the fans who were inconvenienced (read: shafted) would get compensated in some way...perhaps free tickets to another game? I don't know the specifics.

Two Monday Night games?

Man that would really ("Green Bay" / "s*ck") for all you slackers, to say the least there would be some really upset folks, this is NOT a good idea it sounds like someone is having major brain ("packers" / "f*rts") for you know who :roll:

you can't hide from the purple pride :cheers: really cool song
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    "VaViking1" wrote:
    The originally scheduled teams would still play on Monday Night, and at the same venue...it would just be locally televised, is all, if the League decided to switch to another match-up. The only change would be those teams who are set to play on Sunday, having to play Monday Night instead.

I agree, it would create problems for those fans who had planned to go to the game on Sunday and having it switched to Monday...but I would hope that a) the schedule change would be announced well ahead of time and/or that b) the fans who were inconvenienced (read: shafted) would get compensated in some way...perhaps free tickets to another game? I don't know the specifics.
    In my mind, that is why this will never happen. You can't just decide at the last minute to change the game date and time. I know I would sue the NFL if they pulled something like this without either refunding all money I'd spent for nonrefundable plane fares, hotel fares, etc., or giving me free airline tickets and hotel rooms so I could still attend the game of my choice. I have to plan a long time ahead to attend a game to get affordable airfare. Last minute changes definitely should not be allowed. If they've got the balls to schedule two games on Monday night before the season starts, in hopes that one will be a compelling matchup, that's OK. But I think the other two networks would scream bloody murder at ABC getting to cherry-pick two games like that.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Two Monday Night games?

I would have to agree with purplepat. I wouldn't sue the NFL but I just don't think it would work. Not only would the other NFL networks not go for picking the better of the two games, but it would really make everything much more difficult, such as scheduling! I think the only thing they would do would be to chose 2 games on Monday night for the whole season, but that will still cause problems I'm sure!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

wyviking is offline Rookie

Two Monday Night games?

i think if this happens it won't be this year but next and if they do, they should have for the 2nd games on monday the rematchs of the playoff games and a rematch super bowl .i think it would be kinda cool to see who comes out the winner of a super bowl rematch the season after
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush