Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Twins Stadium

  1. #1
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Twins Stadium

    Anyone else here about the Twins Stadium deal? Sounded like the state House approved it! Now it's gotta run through the state Senate.

    Alot of my family members are mad about this because sales tax will now go up to help fund it. They also argue that the Metrodome is still new and the reason they built it indoor because the Twins didn't want to play outside.

    Personally, I hope it passes. The Twins need a stadium that puts them apart from the rest of Minnesota sports and the rest of the Major League. It also almost guarantees that they will not leave the state either.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #2
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    727

    Re: Twins Stadium

    How the heck is a 25 year old stadium new???? and do they not know what stadiums and sports teams do for the economy???


    Thanks PurpleMafia

  3. #3
    badbois's Avatar
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: Twins Stadium

    new or old, it sucks! If it was better in the 1st place we sould still be using it. when it was made isn't important, the fact is, it is out dated and needs replacement.

  4. #4
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    335

    Re: Twins Stadium

    Is this good news or bad news for the Vikings? It seems that the vikings are last in line for a stadium behind the twins, and gophers..which personally The Vikings generate a lot more income than the twins and gophers...however that is my own opinion no facts whatso ever!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

  5. #5
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Twins Stadium

    "shawn9876uss" wrote:
    How the heck is a 25 year old stadium new???? and do they not know what stadiums and sports teams do for the economy???
    I KNOW!!

    I say that to them, and they go off in a tangent (you can't win with these people.. =/). So I just shut up and smile, because I want a new stadium.. =D
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Twins Stadium

    "Formo" wrote:
    Anyone else here about the Twins Stadium deal? Sounded like the state House approved it! Now it's gotta run through the state Senate.

    Alot of my family members are mad about this because sales tax will now go up to help fund it. They also argue that the Metrodome is still new and the reason they built it indoor because the Twins didn't want to play outside.

    Personally, I hope it passes. The Twins need a stadium that puts them apart from the rest of Minnesota sports and the rest of the Major League. It also almost guarantees that they will not leave the state either.
    I don't know how new Metropolitan Stadium was when the Vikings moved in...BUT the fact of the matter is that the Vikings have played in the Metrodome MORE seasons than they ever did in the Met.

    Metropolitan Stadium - 1961-1982 -- 22 seasons
    Metrodome - 1982-2005 -- 25 seasons

    The "new" argument is LAME to say the least!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    badbois's Avatar
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: Twins Stadium

    "C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    Is this good news or bad news for the Vikings? It seems that the vikings are last in line for a stadium behind the twins, and gophers..which personally The Vikings generate a lot more income than the twins and gophers...however that is my own opinion no facts whatso ever!
    I think it is good for the vikes. at least the line is moving now!

  8. #8
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Twins Stadium

    Twins better help fund this thing ALOT

  9. #9
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Twins Stadium

    Renderings for new Twins park shown
    Open-air design will offer plenty of options for Minnesota fans


    http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=min

    Theres a link with a little photo gallery too.

  10. #10
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Twins Stadium

    Key features include:
    Pine Trees behind center field
    The closest seats in baseball
    23 foot wall in right field, paying homage to the baggy in the dome.
    Open concourse where pedestrians on sixth street have a view of the entire field.
    Heated natural grass field capable of melting snow.
    Twice the amount of bathrooms than the dome.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Purchase Price Of Twins Stadium Site Stirs Debate
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 11:47 PM
  2. Pre-dawn vote gives Twins their stadium
    By sirweeze in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 06:44 AM
  3. Twins
    By Angryviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 06:32 AM
  4. MN - TWINS not the coors light twins
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
  5. Those Twins
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 09:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •