Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Twins sign Ruben Sierra

[size=18px]Twins sign Ruben Sierra to minor league deal[/size]
    Joe Christensen, Star Tribune

Hoping to find a potent hitter to bring off the bench, the Twins signed Ruben Sierra on Tuesday to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Sierra, 40, hit .229 with four home runs and 29 RBI for the New York Yankees last season. Injuries limited him to 61 games.

"I think it's great [signing with the Twins]," Sierra said in a telephone interview. "They have a good nucleus with a few veterans and some good young players. I think they have the potential to reach the playoffs and make the World Series."

The switch-hitting Sierra is a four-time All-Star with 306 career home runs. In 2004, he hit a crucial three-run homer off Twins reliever Juan Rincon in Game 4 of the Division Series at the Metrodome.

"I love hitting in that ballpark," Sierra said. "That's one of the reasons I'm excited to go there."

The Twins also announced that they have signed pitchers Ryan Glynn, Pete Munro and outfielder Tim Raines Jr. to minor-league deals.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Twins sign Ruben Sierra

When Sierra broke onto the baseball scene is the '80's, he was a stud!

I hope he can give us a little swagger this year!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Ru-u-u-u-u-u-u-ben!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Whats with the twins and all these washed up veteran signings??? Maybe he will make a impact in th mnors ut the guys is no longer major league caliber. He was good in his prime dont get me wrong but look what happened last year when we signed a guy named Bret Boone! Yeah that really worked well for us huh. Carl Pohland needs to take his head out of his you know what and open his checkbook to bring a decent hitter in, we have not had one since Kirby and Herby days.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cojomay,

Are you trying to take over the Daily Reporter position? :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Nahhhh, I could NEVER take that position away from you Spinger!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Nahhhh, I could NEVER take that position away from you Spinger!
    Spinger? Typing getting a little sloppy at your age? :lol:

Actually, I need a daily reporter on my staff while I'm at work.

You have the skills down right; Large bold title, italics for author, source & date & bold used where needed.

All you need to do know is add the link at the bottom of the article. (I was asked to add that)

Best of all you work for free! :grin:

Keep 'em coming!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Whats with the twins and all these washed up veteran signings??? Maybe he will make a impact in th mnors ut the guys is no longer major league caliber. He was good in his prime dont get me wrong but look what happened last year when we signed a guy named Bret Boone! Yeah that really worked well for us huh. Carl Pohland needs to take his head out of his you know what and open his checkbook to bring a decent hitter in, we have not had one since Kirby and Herby days.
    I tend to agree - he was too cheap to get Frank Thomas (three years younger than Sierra), and we could have had him for the major league minimum ($500,000)...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Not impressed with this move at all..

Only move i've liked so far was the Luis Castillo move.. We should have put all this money we spent on random washed up oldies and get a stud in the infield

It's the same old thing with the Twins....Pohlad says he needs a new stadium to be competitive....that we can't just spend money on big free agents. But he's done nothing to show Twins fans that he will change if and when they do get a new park. How about investing some money in the ball club, go out a get a few young studs that would grow with this team....maybe build some momentum towards a stadium? I think it's messed up that you have a owner worth millions...billions....that refuses to go out a sign a top free agent...and then in the same breath he states that he's "frustrated" because Minnesota won't spend it's money on him? I'm all for a new stadium.....if Minnesota doesn't get it done....some other state will. Then we'll have to pay triple the cost to get another team back here...IF a team comes back.

Ruben shhruben....big f'n deal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast