muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Twins are done for(tori hunter is hurt)

Well like we really needed this, but Tori Hunter hurt his ankle tonight and is out 4-6 weeks. I already thought we were done for before he got hurt, unless we made a trade for a big time power hitter like manny, but this pretty much does us in.

Only thing that could save us now, is a trade for ken griffey Jr, to take hunter's spot when he is out and give us some power, but cinci said they aren't gonna trade him.

Things are looking gloom for the twins.

I also heard we are probably gonna release boone, if he doesn't quickly change our mind, so there was a failed trade.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Twins are done for(tori hunter is hurt)

I didn't think Boone was gonna do anything.. So i'm not too disapointed there..

But as for Hunter it really sucks he is hurt.. Even if we did make the playoffs we would lose right away because of no run support.. And this makes it worse.. I love watching Hunter play

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I didn't think Boone was gonna do anything.. So i'm not too disapointed there..

But as for Hunter it really sucks he is hurt.. Even if we did make the playoffs we would lose right away because of no run support.. And this makes it worse.. I love watching Hunter play

Tori is easily the MVP of the twins. HUGE loss for us.

I expected a little more from Boone, then he has given us, that is for-sure. Since we did trade for him, it is kind of disappointing to see him possibly being cut a month or so later.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah easily MVP of our team.. Him or Johan since he is leading the MLB in strikeouts isnt he? If not he is close.. I know he was not too long ago.. But yah Hunter goes out everyday and plays his ass off.. It's gay as fuck that he is hurt..

mnviking80 is offline Training Camp

Hey! Why isn't Johan the MVP? After all, he was the winning pitcher the only game that we beat the Yankees?
    -Andy

"mnviking80" wrote:
    Hey! Why isn't Johan the MVP? After all, he was the winning pitcher the only game that we beat the Yankees?

Pitchers aren't MVP's because they only play in every 5th game. Tori Hunter plays in almost every game and is a annual gold glove winner.

Johan is awesome, I know that. But if we lost him, that is only every 5th game it would hurt and we have some capable pitchers to step up while he is out. Tori is an every day leader of this team, in the clubhouse.

Yet another loss for the sorry @ss twins today. I hope we don't seriously think a JC romero for bill meuller trade is the hitting spark to get us over the hump, especially with tori out now.

Would we consider trading a jacque jones? He is a FA at the end of the year and I am assuming he will be looking for big money, and it doesn't seem likely we will poney up for him. I love jones, but if he is gonna be gone at the end of the year anyways, like korey koskie this last offseason, why not try and get something for him? Maybe Manny for jones and JC, since boston is looking for an outfielder? I know it won't happen and neither will a trade for my boy ken griffey jr. We will probably make another meaningless trade, like the boone one and fade out of the playoff race.

I wish we would or could spend like the yankees do.

Angryviking is offline Starter

sounds like Hunter is officially out the rest of the year. i heard rumors that he might be available at the very end of the season. but i doubt it would make much difference in the end. here's the article http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/12280020.htm
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3