Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    http://www.startribune.com/509/story/870538.html

    The Twins have reached agreement with former Milwaukee Brewers infielder Jeff Cirillo on a one-year, $1.25 million contract, pending a physical exam, which Cirillo will take Wednesday in Minneapolis.

    "I've always been an admirer of the way the Twins play baseball," Cirillo said Tuesday in a telephone interview.

    The agreement was first reported by OnMilwaukee.com.

    Twins General Manager Terry Ryan could not be reached this morning to confirm the deal, but Cirillo, 37, said his decision to leave the Brewers was based mostly on playing time.

    He batted .319 with three home runs and 23 RBI in 112 games last season.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    Not a bad pick up for the money.


  3. #3
    IndoViking's Avatar
    IndoViking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    49

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    nice veteran signing by TR. maybe cirillo can be our DH
    ~Watching AD and The Vikes from Down South~

  4. #4
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    37??? WTF do we need another over the hill player for. Jesus do they wonnder why thay get luckyy to have 5,000 people a game? Another reason that I have given up on the Twins and soon the T-Wolves. Because they don't care to spend any money to try a put a team that can actually win something on the field. Hey I hear Molitor an dKillebrew are still around maybe we should sign them as well.

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    37??? WTF do we need another over the hill player for. Jesus do they wonnder why thay get luckyy to have 5,000 people a game? Another reason that I have given up on the Twins and soon the T-Wolves. Because they don't care to spend any money to try a put a team that can actually win something on the field. Hey I hear Molitor an dKillebrew are still around maybe we should sign them as well.
    I guess the AL Central championship isn't something...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    excellent pickup if you like guys who have had 6, 2, 1, 4 and 3 home runs in the last five years, he'll be good as a backup infielder but hopefully nothing more than that

    How do ya like them apples?!

  7. #7
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    37??? WTF do we need another over the hill player for. Jesus do they wonnder why thay get luckyy to have 5,000 people a game? Another reason that I have given up on the Twins and soon the T-Wolves. Because they don't care to spend any money to try a put a team that can actually win something on the field. Hey I hear Molitor an dKillebrew are still around maybe we should sign them as well.
    I guess the AL Central championship isn't something...


    If they use him as a utlilty infielder he isn't a bad pick up and I guess he was over the hill last year when he batted 319.
    I don't see this as a bad pickup and if you expect the Twins to go into FA and spend 30 million on players you are kidding yourself because it is not going to happen.

    [quote]He batted .319 with three home runs and 23 RBI in 112 games last season.[/qoute]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #8
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    37??? WTF do we need another over the hill player for. Jesus do they wonnder why thay get luckyy to have 5,000 people a game? Another reason that I have given up on the Twins and soon the T-Wolves. Because they don't care to spend any money to try a put a team that can actually win something on the field. Hey I hear Molitor an dKillebrew are still around maybe we should sign them as well.
    [img width=176 height=119]http://josh.middlepath.com/meanjon/stfupoint.gif[/img]
    This post is just too insane to be worth responding with an argument

    [color=red]

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    I wish we would add some power, but I like the BA.

    Good pick up.

    I hope he gets a chance to produce with us next season.

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Twins, Cirillo agree to terms

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    37??? WTF do we need another over the hill player for. Jesus do they wonnder why thay get luckyy to have 5,000 people a game? Another reason that I have given up on the Twins and soon the T-Wolves. Because they don't care to spend any money to try a put a team that can actually win something on the field. Hey I hear Molitor an dKillebrew are still around maybe we should sign them as well.
    The twins never had a dKillebrew, they did gave hKillebrew though
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Panthers agree to terms with QB David Carr
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
  2. Tarvaris Jackson | Vikings agree to terms
    By VikesFan4Life in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
  3. Ryan Cook | Vikings agree to terms.
    By VikesFan4Life in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 04:58 PM
  4. Colts, Simon agree to terms...
    By akvikefan89 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 12:15 AM
  5. Chiefs agree to terms with FB Holcombe
    By Burley81 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 06:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •