Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tupac statue unveiled in Atlanta

closeminded

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Close minded, he was a punk. I do not care if he he could talk fast and rhyme, he was a thug!

Maybe we could make statues for people that were heroes, and I do not put him in that category.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vikesfan353 is offline Starter

Whos Tupac? As if he deserves a statue!
    For every question an answer! For every answer a why?

You guys are all idoits, this is a statue for his art school. Hes giving less fortunate kids the opportunity to show case thier talents. You for one dont know one thing about tupac. All you see is a "thug" rapper, well when I look at some other music all I see is some redneck and a guitar talkin about his old country home. This was created to honor a musican who before he died accomplished so much more then any other muscian in history. Dont be a ignorant butthole and disgrace his name and call him a thug.

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    You guys are all idoits, this is a statue for his art school. Hes giving less fortunate kids the opportunity to show case thier talents. You for one dont know one thing about tupac. All you see is a "thug" rapper, well when I look at some other music all I see is some redneck and a guitar talkin about his old country home. This was created to honor a musican who before he died accomplished so much more then any other muscian in history. Dont be a ignorant butthole and disgrace his name and call him a thug.

Get a clue, he was a drug pushing punk! That met another punk rapper drug dealer (BIG), who he became friends with. Then BIG's crew robbed him and shot him, good choice in friends. So Tupoc goes after BIG's wife, and BIG had him killed. And Shuag Night (another thug) had BIG killed!

But to call him a muscian, name 1 instrument that Tupoc played!

He was a rapper, means he talks fast and tries to ryhme. He does not sing and he does not play an instrument

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Close-minded is right... He was not a punk. What do you know about 2pac, besides that he was a black rapper? He did more than just "talk fast and rhyme". Do you even know about the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts that he established in Atlanta? He came from the streets, yeah, but how can you hold that against anyone. He was successful.

He has had some meaningful words come from his music: (two off the top of my head)
    "The only thing tha comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
    "Let the Lord judge the criminals."

And here's a couple quotes from some past interviews I found:
    "There's gonna be some stuff u gonna see that's gonna make it hard To smile in the future, but through whatever you see, Through all the rain and all the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor. you gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit"
    "Let me say for the record, I am not a gangster and never have been. I`m not the thief who grabs your purse.I`m not the guy who jacks your car. I`m not down with the people who steal and hurt others. I`m just a brother who fight back."

Tupac did many great things while he was with us, and for you to turn and disrespect him isn't cool. He helped kids, and struggling people in the ghetto.
    I'll relate him to someone you OTHER guys might know a little better. Randy Moss. Now all of us Vikings fans know he wasn't always the trouble that the national media brought to our attention. Where was the media when he would bring in kids to training camp and sit down and have lunch with kids who don't have it as well as he does. How about when he gave the footballs to the people in the wheelchairs after touch downs, no one ever seems to notices that either.
    We all have a right to our own opinion, but I just thought would would share mine.
    Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

Wow, its disgusting how stupid and closeminded you are. Music isnt just a instruments. Its about vocals as well. HIs lyrics are the craziest lyrics in the world. Thier deep and poetic. You look at tupac from a "non hip hop" fan point of view. You see tupac through the eyes of a cnn reporter. Secondly the tupac shooting had nothing to do with Notorious B.I.G. Read up on it, even go to www.2pac2k.de and you can read up on everything its to much to type. Dont sit here and say tupac was not a mucian, cuz that infact shows your bias and shows your ignorance to hip hop music.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Wow, its disgusting how stupid and closeminded you are. Music isnt just a instrument you idoit. Its about vocals as well. HIs lyrics are the craziest lyrics in the world. Thier deep and poetic. You look at tupac from a "non hip hop" fan point of view. You see tupac through the eyes of a cnn reporter. Secondly the tupac shooting had nothing to do with Notorious B.I.G. Read up on it, even go to www.2pac2k.de and you can read up on everything its to much to type. Dont sit here and say tupac was not a mucian, cuz that infact shows your bias and shows your ignorance to hip hop music.

If you believe that BIG had nothing to do with Tupoc's death you are the one that is stupid and close minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

And I suppose that Night did not take revenge, and shot BIG in LA Nights territory.

Please, he may have came from bad streets. But that does not make him a hero!!!

The Italian Mafia came from the streets of New York, it did not make them any heroes, they were criminals.

Let God punish the criminals.

So we should let all criminals out of the prisons and let god punish them.

Maybe when you get older you will see how stupid that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you want to find heroes, look for the people that come from that situation, that work and take care of there kids and do not break the law to do it. Those people are heroes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pbvikingsfan Guest

Im in no way a rap fan...in fact, im from florida and what some of you would call a redneck...but the one rapper i have ever really listened to is Tupac. his lyrics amazing. and if you dont want to call him a musicisan, then call him a poet. because thats what he was.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Tupac was an amazing musician. I don't care if he was a thug. Ray Charles did drugs. He is one of my biggest heroes. Does that mean he is not a musician? no.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast