BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

TSA under fire after girl, 6, gets pat-down

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. A Kentucky couple wants the TSA to change how it screens children after their 6-year-old daughter was frisked at the New Orleans airport...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42568865/ns/travel-news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3DnZyUgvgU

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: TSA under fire after girl, 6, gets pat-down

For fucks sake, grow up people. It's not like they're diddling your kid. If they're trying to keep planes safe, they better check kids and old ladies too.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Everybody should be searched

If I was a terrorist Id plant explosives on kids and the elderly they are the last you would expect to kill you

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Who gives a fuck if she was selected. Why would you even ask why she was? It is suppose to be random. ANYONE CAN AND SHOULD BE SELECTED! What a bunch of dumb asses.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093518
    For fucks sake, grow up people. It's not like they're diddling your kid. If they're trying to keep planes safe, they better check kids and old ladies too.
    +1

I have no objection to be patted down or being scanned by the new body scanners they have.

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1093636
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093518
    +1

I have no objection to be patted down or being scanned by the new body scanners they have.
    I travel quite frequently for my job and I am always amazed at the reaction people have to being selected for a random search. I, for one, am glad that they do this. All of the searches I have witnessed or been part of have not been intrusive, or something I would consider taboo.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It's amazing the amount of people (adults) at airports that act like spoiled little children who didn't get their candy.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I know I'm in the minority, but to me it is a big waste of time, money and invasion of privacy.
    In the grand scheme of things your odds of being killed because a terrorist hijacks a plane is very small. The billions of added security and lossed productivity is simply inefficient.
    Not just airports either. The courthouse where i get license tabs now has to have full time security and medal detectors at all entry points. Nothing has ever happened, except once a thousand miles away.
    It's over kill.
    That being said, this is just a couple of whiners. If you don't want to be searched don't fly.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The thing with all the security is that you can still hijack a plan if you really want to. All you need is someone as an inside job and there you go. Just do the medal things and move on. Scan packages and all carry on items and that should be good enough. If a package looks suspicious on the x-ray scanner, then open it up.

If someone has a drink, tell them they have drink it. If it is gas or poison, that person would die. If it is juice, then who cares. That is a win win.

And if you are going to 'randomly search' people, I think that you have to search everyone exactly the same way. That means everyone bag gets ripped open, everyone in the body scanner, etc. Make there some standard for everyone regardless of age, job, gender, etc.
    We're bringing purple back.