Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Tragic baserunning error puts sports in perspective

[size=12pt]Tragic baserunning error puts sports in perspective[/size]
    sp.com

A terrible baserunning error by Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter on Tuesday night left his teammates stunned and contemplative.

“When horrible things like this happen,” said Alex Rodriguez of Jeter straying too far off second base with two outs and the Yankees down by one, “you really step back and take account of your whole life. It really helps you keep sports in the proper perspective. I know that from now on I’ll be more thankful for what I have in life.”

Closer Mariano Rivera said Jeter’s tragedy brought back old feelings.

“I said everything changed after 9/11, but I’m not sure if it really did,” he said. “People went back to their normal activities and behavior pretty soon after the initial shock died down. But this is different. This is bigger. This is a pennant race.”

Jason Giambi agreed.

“I didn’t lose anyone I knew in the terrorist attacks,” he said. “But this hit pretty close to home. I think I had started to take things for granted. Namely that Jeter keeps his head in the game and that he would score and we would tie the game and go onto win. But now my whole view of life has changed.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tragic baserunning error puts sports in perspective

"Prophet" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Tragic baserunning error puts sports in perspective[/size]
    sp.com

A terrible baserunning error by Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter on Tuesday night left his teammates stunned and contemplative.

“When horrible things like this happen,” said Alex Rodriguez of Jeter straying too far off second base with two outs and the Yankees down by one, “you really step back and take account of your whole life. It really helps you keep sports in the proper perspective. I know that from now on I’ll be more thankful for what I have in life.”

Closer Mariano Rivera said Jeter’s tragedy brought back old feelings.

“I said everything changed after 9/11, but I’m not sure if it really did,” he said. “People went back to their normal activities and behavior pretty soon after the initial shock died down. But this is different. This is bigger. This is a pennant race.”

Jason Giambi agreed.

“I didn’t lose anyone I knew in the terrorist attacks,” he said. “But this hit pretty close to home. I think I had started to take things for granted. Namely that Jeter keeps his head in the game and that he would score and we would tie the game and go onto win. But now my whole view of life has changed.”

I love how they play with irony. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tragic baserunning error puts sports in perspective

hooray for pickles