Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Town won't let unmarried parents live together

man, stuff like that just pisses me off so bad. the city council and all those involved should be shipped to mexico, or maybe just placed on a raft and pushed out to see. or maybe put in a plane with a parichute and just dropped in some remote part of the world like when you are trying to dispose of a dog or something.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Cajun - you and religion don't mix. This isn't about religion it is about people who have no common sense. From some of your comments you may fall inot that catagory. If you want a state without any religious influence try China or North Korea.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I think this is a ridiculous law too but I find it funny that people want to deport these people. Isn't that what Stalin and other tyrants did whne their views were opposed. Glad alot of you are not in power here, and especially abroad. Scary what you people might do if you had the power and someone disagreed with your views, I have read quite a few that resemble someone like Saddam. Dispose of these people like dogs because you didn't like one their views, very closed minded indiviual.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

boognish is offline Coordinator

You guys would be surprised how many states have cohabitation laws like this on the books; I know that Idaho and Montana do. However, as far as I know, this law has never been enforced up here in recent memory. If it ever were, I imagine the public outcry would be immense.

I hate it when politicians try to legislate morality. In my experience, the people who come off as the most self-rightous are usually the ones with the most to hide.

Is it too late to let the South secede from the Union?
    I am a dipshit!!!

This law is unconstitutuional and if they were too evict anyone this case would never stand up. They will just end up paying the plaitiffs a good sum of money. The people running this town have to have no legal council whatsoever.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This would be the same as a divorce for the kids if they couldn't live together. This isn't Leave it to Beaver times anymore, things have slacked up. Bible beaters need to stop being so uptight.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - you and religion don't mix. This isn't about religion it is about people who have no common sense. From some of your comments you may fall inot that catagory. If you want a state without any religious influence try China or North Korea.
    This is clearly about religion. Another example of people so blinded by their beliefs they dont realize the fascist crap coming out of their mouths. (im talking about the mayor, not you tark)

Bowchee is offline Rookie

With things like this going on, what's next? They'll tell you that can't have your weed. Or worse yet, they'll make you go to work!!! What is this country coming too??!!!

This is a little out of balance, but no more unbalanced than rewarding a single mother for having yet another child with yet another father. It's a "living" for some.
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

boognish is offline Coordinator

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    This law is unconstitutuional and if they were too evict anyone this case would never stand up. They will just end up paying the plaitiffs a good sum of money. The people running this town have to have no legal council whatsoever.
    I don't agree with this law, but I'm not sure it's unconstitutional. It's a criminal statute, but no criminal charge is being threatened in this case. If the state were to send out officers to enforce this law, then there would be grounds to potentially take it to the Supreme Court.

Of course, one might make the argument that the 2003 U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a Texas anti-sodomy law undermines the basis for cohabitation laws. However, as far as I know, it hasn't been tried yet. Heck, they still have anti-sodomy laws on the books in a lot of states. I guess if you're not a "normal" nuclear family you're scum in the eyes of these "tolerant" Christian leaders.

If you have more information and/or a good argument for it's unconstitutionality, please pass it on.
    I am a dipshit!!!

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I think this is a ridiculous law too but I find it funny that people want to deport these people. Isn't that what Stalin and other tyrants did whne their views were opposed. Glad alot of you are not in power here, and especially abroad. Scary what you people might do if you had the power and someone disagreed with your views, I have read quite a few that resemble someone like Saddam. Dispose of these people like dogs because you didn't like one their views, very closed minded indiviual.
    wanting to be rid of people who want to prevent a family from it's right to live together is just like stalin. right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast