Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Tour De France 2006

With only 2 stages to go Floyd Landis is favourite to finish up in the yellow jersey after one of the most remarkable turnarounds in the events history. Leading the race on Wednesdays mountain stage the American's chance looked to be over when he cracked on the final climb losing 10 minutes to his rivals and dropping down the standings to eleventh.

Stage 16 Landis "tour is over for me"

However on a momentous stage 17 Landis attacked on the first climb and continued powering his way to the finish in an incredible one man attack. By the line he had clawed back almost all the time he had lost on his rivals to finish third in the general classification 30 seconds behind the leader.

Legendry Landis

Fridays stage had no effect on the standings which means Saturdays penultimate stage time trial will almost certainly decide this years winner, as the final stage on the Champs Elysee does not usually alter the overall picture. Landis looks to go to Paris in yellow as he is a better time trialer than Spaniards Pereiro and Sastre who are ahead of him at the moment.

General Classification going into Saturdays stage

However after the last couple of days events nothing is for certain and this years tour (IMO the best in years) could yet go down to the wire.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tour De France 2006

What happened to Armstrong!!!!!! J/K

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't watch it until yesterday. What a show Landis from the USA put on. He picked up near 7 minutes on the leaders as he coasted into the finish almost 6 minutes ahead of ay other competitor. Today he lost a bit of time with a mechanical breakdown but he's still only 30 seconds out from the lead with one of his strong points -- time trials coming up tomorrow.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Go Floyd!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortunately Landis will win it now. It's beyond me why on earth noone wanted to take in on his lead when he went away the other day.

He should not have been allowed to gain that much ground after his collaps the day before.

Besides that the good thing is that it has been an unpredictable event this year. And all open to many riders to grab the tittle after the two best riders were abandoned from the start list, and Valverde crashed early.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    Unfortunately Landis will win it now. It's beyond me why on earth noone wanted to take in on his lead when he went away the other day.
    I think everyone let him get away because no one believed he could stay out on his own for so long after his disaster the previous day. I don't blame them to be honest, when I was watching it I thought it was crazy for him to break away so early and in that respect you have to hand it too him for what he achieved.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]Landis Regains Lead on Eve of Tour Finish[/size]

By JAMEY KEATEN
    Associated Press Writer

MONTCEAU-LES-MINES, France (AP) -- American Floyd Landis is all but assured of winning the Tour de France after regaining the overall lead Saturday. The individual time trial, won by Ukraine's Serhiy Honchar, shaped up as the decisive stage in one of the most topsy-turvy Tours in years.

"I could not be happier," Landis said, adding he had been nervous before the stage. "It's one of the best days of my life."

The Phonak team leader reclaimed the yellow jersey from Spain's Oscar Pereiro, who started Saturday's race against the clock with a thin 30-second lead over Landis. The 30-year-old Landis moved up from third to first, now 1:29 ahead of second-place Pereiro.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Blog Entries

Yeah It's all over now bar a miracle, Landis has won it. I will still watch tomorrow's stage which finishes down the Champs Elysee, where there is usually a big bunch sprint to decide the winner of the stage.

that is soo cool, everyone was expecting the French to take over now that Lance is gone!!! But here comes the American!!!

USA!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    What happened to Armstrong!!!!!! J/K
    Retired because I bought a notebook with his name on it! :lol: :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast