Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tour de France

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re:Tour de France

Good stage today, Contador never really looked in danger although I did wonder if Schleck would have used the same tactics if he still had the yellow jersey, we'll never find out now. What would be funny is if Contador gets a mechanical problem or puncure in the time trial, what was also funny at points bur largely annoying was the crowd on the final climbs today, it reminded me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZnZRxsPgk

Erinnn is offline Starter

That was a nice moment after their ride up the Tourmalet and Schleck winning the stage. I don't know who would have won if they actually sprinted for the line, but I know Contador would have taken a lot of shit if he tried to go for the stage win. Not sure what was up with the winking. I think his intention was nice, but combined with the multiple face slaps it looked belittling.

This has been an exciting tour. I like the purity of having no time bonuses, but it would have been even crazier if they had them this year. I'm still hoping Schleck can pull out a miracle in the time trial, but getting the white jersey and 2nd in the tour for two consecutive years by age 25 is a monumental accomplishment. He will definitely win at some point.

Now, if they took away the race radios we'd really see who was the best rider in the peloton both mentally and physically.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador tests positive

Cyclist Alberto Contador, winner of the 2010 Tour de France, has said he has tested positive for a banned substance.

Contador's press officer said he had tested positive for clenbuterol during a rest on the Tour in July.

In a statement, the spokesman added that the Spanish rider was the victim of "food contamination" and would hold a news conference later on Thursday.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11441045

but when you look a bit deeper.....

Angry cyclist Alberto Contador pleads innocence

A World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited lab in Cologne, Germany, found a "very small concentration" of clenbuterol in Contador's urine sample on 21 July at the Tour, according to the UCI.
    However, the amount was 400 times less than the 50 picogram benchmark measurement that anti-doping laboratories accredited by Wada must be able to detect.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/9047960.stm

I don't think cycling's (or track and field's) image is helped by way the authorities seem to want to nail these athletes. If the quantities they are talking about here get Contador the boot, it's going way too far.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tour de France

Just fucking fed up of that anti-doping stuff,you think a guy lke Contador is into drugs?
    El underdog.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234