Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re:Tour de France

Contador should know better than to do what he did today, there is no excuse for it.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

tastywaves wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

You Spanish RULE THE SPORTING WORLD!
    =Z=

+1
    Any relevant sports? When you start playing big boy sports, I'll pay attention.

I don't understand the whole cycling code thing, but obviously Schleck felt the yellow jersey was dissed today. Lets see if Contador has any friends if put in a similar situation. A little cat fight in the tour does kind of spice it up a bit.
    Worst part of this is the haters will argue Contador won the 2010 Tour cause of this action when everyone knows Alberto Contador isthe best cyclist in the world nowadays.

As for the relevant sports go played by big guys ,are you referring to Football /Baseball/Ice Hockey?

Yeh we just donīt particapate in that sports.
    El underdog.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

El Vikingo wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

+1

I don't understand the whole cycling code thing, but obviously Schleck felt the yellow jersey was dissed today. Lets see if Contador has any friends if put in a similar situation. A little cat fight in the tour does kind of spice it up a bit.
    Worst part of this is the haters will argue Contador won the 2010 Tour cause of this action when everyone knows Alberto Contador isthe best cyclist in the world nowadays.

As for the relevant sports go played by big guys ,are you referring to Football /Baseball/Ice Hockey?

The fact he's the best makes it even worse, if he does the right thing and then goes on to win, people would admire him for his sportsmanship. If he wins now people are just going to think what a self centred prick.

That was a bad move by Contador. Poor taste.

Erinnn is offline Starter

tastywaves wrote:
    It's such a gentleman's sport. I've only been watching for a few years so I still have trouble understanding it sometimes and find myself yelling at the TV for certain riders to kick others off their bike.

slavinator wrote:

That was a bad move by Contador. Poor taste.
    Agreed. I don't think Anorex-Schleck will be back in yellow, but I like hearing this:

"I was feeling very good and I had a mechanical problem. I lost time, it happens, I won't cry. I lost the jersey, but it's not over," Schleck said. "My stomach is full of anger and I will take my revenge.

"It's not really nice, but what can I say," added Schleck, who said Contador, Menchov and Sanchez would not win the "fair-play prize" for their move.
    Andy Schleck vows to take revenge against Alberto Contador

Sounds like Lance let everyone know he is still relevant today. Kudos for grinding it out.....

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

El Vikingo wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

+1

I doubt people will equate this action for why he wins the tour (if he does). It was roughly a 40 second swing, from what I understand Schleck needs more like a 2-3 minute cushion ot overcome his less than stellar time trial skills. Just a sports etiquette thing.

Just giving you shit on the relevant sports thing. From a world perspective, Spain is doing quite well right now. Soccer, tennis, cycling, big goofy guy that plays for the lakers,.... I'm actually a big fan of Nadal. The banana man has every reason to be happy.

I do not think that this will be the reason people look back and say he won. As the riders get out of the mountains and head back toward Paris he (Contador) will take the time trial to win. I just wanted to see the two of them battle it out in the mountains as Schleck has shown to be a better climber than many anticipated, even holding off Contador in some instances.

PS any of those who watched after the 'mechanical' issue yesterday were treated to one of the most amazing rides ever. Schleck summited the mountain with 3-4 riders lost 2 of them on the way down and absolutely tore up the final descent. He only ended up losing 39 seconds. Wild Ride!

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Great Tourmalet stage,Schlek is a hell of a cyclist ,won the stage and almost secured the 2nd position.Too bad Alberto was there too .

You almost got your third in a row!!

P.S.Albertoīs secret weapon couldnīt fail
    El underdog.

ITs been a GREAT tour......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast