Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re:Tour de France

I've been pretty busy so I haven't seen any of the race apart from todays stage final sprint. I'm not an expert on cycling but it looked like Cav's lead out man was definately in the wrong, whether he deserves to be kicked out of the tour, I don't know. It certainly cost Farrar any chance of the stage win, although when he was interviewed afterwards he basically said Cavendish would probably have won anyway without any underhand tactics.

scottishvike wrote:
    I've been pretty busy so I haven't seen any of the race apart from todays stage final sprint. I'm not an expert on cycling but it looked like Cav's lead out man was definately in the wrong, whether he deserves to be kicked out of the tour, I don't know. It certainly cost Farrar any chance of the stage win, although when he was interviewed afterwards he basically said Cavendish would probably have won anyway without any underhand tactics.
    That is the strangest thing I have seen in cycling race! The triple headbutt sprint will be bandied about for years to come.

Couple more days and its back to the Mountains..........its going to be awesome!! What a gruelling Tour this year.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

slavinator wrote:
    scottishvike wrote:
    That is the strangest thing I have seen in cycling race! The triple headbutt sprint will be bandied about for years to come.

Couple more days and its back to the Mountains..........its going to be awesome!! What a gruelling Tour this year.
    Schleck needs to add some more time to his lead or he'll get gobbled up in the last individual time-trial. Contador is a much better time-trialer.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Erinnn is offline Starter

scottishvike wrote:
    Fined and relegated to the back, yes. Removed from the tour entirely? That was an unnecessarily harsh punishment. My understanding was that it isn't just for the headbutting, guys did that in the past and were just fined, but it was for "aggressive cycling," which included the headbutt, not keeping his line and coming into Tyler's. As if Fivehead Fluke (Farrar) even had a chance.

[b]Zeus wrote:[/b}

[quote]Schleck needs to add some more time to his lead or he'll get gobbled up in the last individual time-trial. Contador is a much better time-trialer.[\quote]

I think he'd have a better chance of gaining more time if Frank were still around to help him in the mountains. His team is great at controlling the flat, but not much help in the mountains. I really don't want Contador to win, but I have a bad feeling. Maybe Menchov will pull a miracle out of his ass. His 2009 time trial in the Giro was crazy, he beat a doper even with falling.

Erinnn is offline Starter

I hate when the edit button doesn't work. That's what I get for trying to type it in myself without my boss seeing me do this instead of work.

Contador is a prick! (See today's results, no spoiler)

=Z=

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:

=Z=

spoiler:

Schlek was attacking and then his bike broke down ,Contador was on his wheel as fast as Andy S. ,what did you expect Contador to do ,stop and wait for his opp.to recover?

It is not his fault/problem ,a rival had an avery..
    El underdog.

El Vikingo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

spoiler:

Schlek was attacking and then his bike broke down ,Contador was on his wheel as fast as Andy S. ,what did you expect Contador to do ,stop and wait for his opp.to recover?

It is not his fault/problem ,a rival had an avery..
    Based upon what I have read today about the honor among cyclists, yes, that's what I expect. Schleck attacked, his chain broke, he had to get it fixed, meanwhile, Contador is rolling off ahead, pretending he didn't know. All of them are wired and miked so they know exactly what is going on.

You Spanish want to RULE THE SPORTING WORLD! Well - I'm having none of it! :^)

=Z=

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:

You Spanish RULE THE SPORTING WORLD!
    =Z=

+1
    El underdog.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

El Vikingo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

You Spanish RULE THE SPORTING WORLD!
    =Z=

+1
    Any relevant sports? When you start playing big boy sports, I'll pay attention.

I don't understand the whole cycling code thing, but obviously Schleck felt the yellow jersey was dissed today. Lets see if Contador has any friends if put in a similar situation. A little cat fight in the tour does kind of spice it up a bit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast