Thread: Tough Weekend

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Tough Weekend

Looks like we are going through some unnerving times around our house after this weekend.

We took our son David out to visit family at the lake yesterday, he is staying until next weekend.
    When Margaret and I returned home our power was out and did comeback on for a few hours.
    So with no power we went out for dinner and returned home to some, uncertain news.
    Margaret's sister and husband have been moved out of there home in Kelowna due to forest fires in the area LINK

Now we're tring to get a hold of my father, who with his girlfriend from Norway went to this music festival before she was due to fly back to Norway out for Calgary. LINK Due to severe winds the stage collapsed and a woman was killed when she was struck by a speaker and 75 others were also injuried some critically.
    I haven't been able to get a hold of my dad on his cell, hope he has just forgot to turn it on and he and Sue are well.

Prayers go out to other families in Kelowna and families in Camrose

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Tough Weekend

Seems tough on forum members everywhere.
    Paraying for you dude
    Purple till i die

Well we just had some good news, heard from my dad and he was at a different music festival, he was in Canmore west of Calgary, the other festival was at Camrose (that had the stage collapse) at the same time is south east of Edmonton.
    My dad was saying several people in Canmore had family phoning them to see if they were alright, when it dawned on him to turn on his cell
    phone and he got my text and voice mail messages.

My wife's sister on the other hand is probably going to be out of their house for at least a week.
    Still waiting to hear if the fire is back under control, winds were lighter to day and the temps were in the low 90's so it was a bit cooler.

Great news, off of bad news. We all hope everyone is alright. Really tough news about the woman being killed as well. Unfortunately, things like that are why fests like lollapalooza or warped tour are on their last legs.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I have family and friends in Kelowna and the fires are terrible.
    The music festival stage collapse was crazy. I had about 20 friends out there over the weekend. Thankfully, they all got home save and are just fine.
    We're bringing purple back.

My Wife's sister and husband got to go back to there home lastnight, they are still on alert due to the fires in the area but so far there haven't been any homes lost near them.

My dad also made it home yeaterday, his girlfriend made it back to Norway, my son is coming home from the lake this weekend....so far so good

hoping for a no news is good news weekend

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    My Wife's sister and husband got to go back to there home lastnight, they are still on alert due to the fires in the area but so far there haven't been any homes lost near them.

My dad also made it home yeaterday, his girlfriend made it back to Norway, my son is coming home from the lake this weekend....so far so good

hoping for a no news is good news weekend

Hope your luck is good.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...