Thread: Top 25 Flops

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Top 25 Flops

Did anyone notice that the vikings trading 5 players away and conditional draft picks was the 13th biggest flop in sports history (as voted on by the nation on ESPN)? At the time it looked good, but man that turned out pretty badly. Oh well, the packers drafting Tony Mandarich was the 4th biggest flop!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Top 25 Flops

Well I got one thing straight after reading that article. People have always said that the Vikings could have had Emmit Smith with one of those draft picks they traded away. But as I understand it, Cowboys traded a couple of Minnesota's picks to Pittsburgh in exchange for their first round pick which was then used to draft Emmit Smith.

This also has to be one of the most complicated trades in history because the results went on for years.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Top 25 Flops

I've gotta agree that the Vikings gave up way too much for Walker, who produced far too little for the Vikings. It will go down in history as one of the greatest robberies ever committed.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Top 25 Flops

Yup that trade basically built the 1990's Dallas Cowboy dynasty. I have to admit though when we first got Walker I was pretty excited and thought the trade was worth it. How wrong was I?

On that note I think we are very lucky to have studwell and all the personell we have in our scouting department. I think we have had one of the best drafts and free agent acquisitions over the past 3 years.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Top 25 Flops

some of that espn 25 greatest stuff is a bunch of crap i want to see 25 greatest plays but happy gilmore got ripped off it totally should have of made the list
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

wyviking is offline Rookie

Top 25 Flops

yea the walker deal sucked only thing i can remeber about walker now ,is a play were his shoe fell off while he ran for a td , thats pretty bad to only remeber that about walker
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Top 25 Flops

I dont get how drafting a player could be a lot worse then giving up a bunch of players and draft picks to help field a superbowl dynasty for a team.

But hey at least we the packers end of the deal was worse then ours, would take that any day. 8)
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a